Carry in home attached office

Thread: Carry in home attached office

1. Carry in home attached office

I am in California, and cannot find the answer to my particular questions. I am the onsite manager of a self storage facility in California, onsite meaning I live on the property, my home is attached to the public office by an open doorway between the two. Can I go from my home to the office and back again with my concealed carry weapon on me? Note: I do not have a CCW permit yet. Can anyone supply me with a link to find this information? Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Chowcowgirl View Post
    I am in California, and cannot find the answer to my particular questions. I am the onsite manager of a self storage facility in California, onsite meaning I live on the property, my home is attached to the public office by an open doorway between the two. Can I go from my home to the office and back again with my concealed carry weapon on me? Note: I do not have a CCW permit yet. Can anyone supply me with a link to find this information? Thank you in advance.
    Short answer: YES, you CAN carry CONCEALED a HANDGUN on the entire property without a carry permit.

Long answer: I AM NOT A LAWYER and this is not legal advice. I offer you a link to a widly used and creadble source on handgun information, and congratulate you on doing your due diligence as a responsable gun owner.

Go to Handgunlaw.us , click California on the map, a PDF will open so make sure your pop-up-blockers/anti-addware/anti-malware/etc allow it....then scroll down to page 5.

Refrencing Californi Penal Code §§ 12026, 12031(h) and (l) the relevant portion reads as followes:

"Carrying Firearms: From the CA Attorney General

Any person over the age of 18 who is not prohibited from possessing firearms, and if otherwise
    lawful, may keep and carry a firearm or have a firearm loaded at his or her place of residence,
    temporary residence, campsite, or on private property owned or lawfully possessed by the person.
    (Penal Code §§ 12026, 12031(h) and (l).) Any person engaged in any lawful business (including
    nonprofit organizations) or any officer, employee, or agent authorized for lawful purposes connected
    with the business may possess a loaded firearm within the place of business if that person is
    over 18 years of age and not otherwise prohibited from possessing firearms. (Penal Code §§ 12026,
    12031(h).)

NOTE: A person’s place of business, residence, temporary residence, campsite, or private property
    may be located in areas where possession of handguns or other firearms, whether loaded or
    unloaded, is otherwise prohibited. Such areas include, but are not limited to, state, federal, or private
    game reserves or refuges, federal and state parks, and other public lands. Questions regarding the
    applicability of such laws should be directed to your sheriff or chief of police, federal or state fish and game
    officers, or federal or state park rangers.

As you represent yourself here, you are 'in posession of' the property, so as I understand it the law allowes you to carry your loaded handgun on your person throughout the property.

Other law prohibits carrying openly.

If I were in your position I would carry.

4. I read the same thing but was not sure because of that exact wording.....thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Chowcowgirl View Post
    I read the same thing but was not sure because of that exact wording.....thank you
    You're welcome! And welcome to the forum!

Please visit us now and then. This forum covers all gun related stories from current events in the US to oversease efforts such as the UK's minority group seeking to re-establish a basic right to self defence if not also including bearing firearms.

How sad that people in CA are so intimidated by the insane gun and self defense laws in their state.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    How sad that people in CA are so intimidated by the insane gun and self defense laws in their state.
    That's what happens when you don't kill people who pass such laws.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Blueshell View Post
    That's what happens when you don't kill people who pass such laws.
    Interesting reply there... admonishing those who don't "kill their representation"....
    Forward thinking and completely against forum rules.

Just sayin..... ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by mikestone967 View Post
    Interesting reply there... admonishing those who don't "kill their representation"....
    Forward thinking and completely against forum rules.

Just sayin..... ya know?
    Yeah I should have worded that better. I'm not endorsing killing heads of state.

He keep saying his guns are for fighting a tyranical government. Here's tyrany, and he's he's sitting on his hands.

These types are all talk.

10. Works for me...