best holster for non-belt use
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: best holster for non-belt use

best holster for non-belt use

I wear scrubs to and from work, and since I often run errands on the way home, I wanted a holster that would work with my scrubs. I have tried the Sticky Holster which worked fine at first, but after a while, factory front sight of my gun began to snag in the holster. Any suggestions on a holster that works when no belt is available?

Thanks from a new CC

Tim

I did this to several leather AIWB holsters for use with Sweat pants, shorts or ETC, I removed the spring clip and replaced it with an Ulticlip from Crossbreed holsters. This grips the material of the pants very firmly and keeps the pistol in place. The set-up also works on regular pants by attaching the clip to the pants behind the belt.

Check out the SmartCarry holster. I am using it for jogging with my Glock 26 and a spare magazine.

5. Congrats on your permit.

I've been wearing a Pistol Wear Trump Card Subcompact Concealment Holster nearly everyday for about 3 years now. When I went looking for an everyday carry holster my first requirement was that it must not be dependent on a belt. I wanted something that I could use with shorts and a t-shirt but also something I could use with a tucked in shirt. With this holster the gun is completely enclosed and it's the only holster of this sort that I have found that has a positive retention strap (this could be tucked in the pouch or cut off if you didn't want to use it but you will use it). Why is this important? I've read stories here of people using 'belly bands' and having their gun 'squeeze' out and land on the floor when bending down . With this holster you could jog, do jumping jacks or whatever with no worries . Also, it is completely noise-free, i.e. no velcro ripping sound when you draw. But even more important in my opinion is that while it is velcro adjustable for size you do not have to 'rip' all that velcro apart each time you take it off because it has 3 snaps near the pouch so once your size is adjusted it is very quick and quiet to take off and put on. They do have other models to choose from and your mileage my very but this holster has worked very well for me. .
    Pistol Wear - Holsters that fit your lifestyle.
    Pro Choice: Revolver or Pistol.
    Cogito, ergo sum armatus. Molon labe.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Bill_O_Rights View Post
    Congrats on your permit.

I've been wearing a Pistol Wear Trump Card Subcompact Concealment Holster nearly everyday for about 3 years now. When I went looking for an everyday carry holster my first requirement was that it must not be dependent on a belt. I wanted something that I could use with shorts and a t-shirt but also something I could use with a tucked in shirt. With this holster the gun is completely enclosed and it's the only holster of this sort that I have found that has a positive retention strap (this could be tucked in the pouch or cut off if you didn't want to use it but you will use it). Why is this important? I've read stories here of people using 'belly bands' and having their gun 'squeeze' out and land on the floor when bending down . With this holster you could jog, do jumping jacks or whatever with no worries . Also, it is completely noise-free, i.e. no velcro ripping sound when you draw. But even more important in my opinion is that while it is velcro adjustable for size you do not have to 'rip' all that velcro apart each time you take it off because it has 3 snaps near the pouch so once your size is adjusted it is very quick and quiet to take off and put on. They do have other models to choose from and your mileage my very but this holster has worked very well for me. .
    Pistol Wear - Holsters that fit your lifestyle.
    What's your motivation for wearing the Trump Card holster? It seems to be a shoulder holster that is worn underneath a shirt. That's very difficult if not impossible to access when you actually need it.

In this video, Reid Henrichs is doing a handstand with the SmartCarry holster (at 3:30).

8. Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    What's your motivation for wearing the Trump Card holster? It seems to be a shoulder holster that is worn underneath a shirt. That's very difficult if not impossible to access when you actually need it.
    Worn as a shoulder holster is an option with the Trump Card. It attaches with an additional piece of velcro and is not attached by default. This holster is generally worn around the waist anywhere comfortable generally between cross draw and appendix. I personally pitched the shoulder holster portion in a drawer as I agree that part is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Bill_O_Rights View Post
    Worn as a shoulder holster is an option with the Trump Card. It attaches with an additional piece of velcro and is not attached by default. This holster is generally worn around the waist anywhere comfortable generally between cross draw and appendix. I personally pitched the shoulder holster portion in a drawer as I agree that part is useless.
    You mean like this?

best holster for non-belt use-a1612__78764.1428098077.1280.854.jpg

10. Yes, or this.

best holster for non-belt use-trumpcard.jpg

And I've changed my mind regarding the shoulder holster option.
    I'll say that while it doesn't really work for me, somebody else might use this for a backup or 2nd gun maybe.? To each his own.

best holster for non-belt use-trumpcard2.jpg

also, I think this is a good picture to show you how NOT to draw from this holster. I suggest you train so that your grasp pushes the muzzle AWAY from your body not toward yourself as show in this picture.

best holster for non-belt use-trumpcard3.jpg

I initially didn't even see the waist option on their Website. That's why I was asking.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast