Going from Ohio to LA

Thread: Going from Ohio to LA

1. Going from Ohio to LA

Can I carry my hand gun CC in Alabama ? I have a Ohio CC permit I know I am good in the other states but has the law changed in Alabama ?

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry9630 View Post
    Can I carry my hand gun CC in Alabama ? I have a Ohio CC permit I know I am good in the other states but has the law changed in Alabama ?
    Per Alabama Code Section 13A-11-85:

Reciprocity for licenses issued in other states.

(a) A person licensed to carry a handgun in any state shall be authorized to carry a handgun in this state. This section shall apply to a license holder from another state only while the license holder is not a resident of this state. A license holder from another state shall carry the handgun in compliance with the laws of this state.
    Compliance with our carry laws are likely less complicated than Ohio's laws, but here's the section for your reference just to be sure:

http://ago.alabama.gov/File-Alabama-Weapon-Laws

If, after reading that link, you have any further questions, feel free to ask. It's been awhile since I studied the revisions of 2013, or those parts that weren't revised at that time, but I am familiar with the law and with how it is interpreted/enforced in most parts of the state. For the most part, there's no problem with loose interpretations or enforcement practices unless you plan to open carry, and that method of carry is interpreted/enforced in most places just as the law reads too. There are notable exceptions to that rule though, but like I said, you're good to go "for the most part" in almost any part of the state.

Hope that helps.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Compliance with our carry laws are likely less complicated than Ohio's laws...
    We're always working to simplify them. In many cases we've already had success in that regard, but there's a long way to go yet. Many Ohio statutes are far too complicated than they should be. Even the cops here agree with that. Ohio concealed carry organizations and advocates are continually working to implement meaningful changes. I would say "We're working to", but I'll be moving to Tennessee next year and won't be part of that "we" anymore.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

6. Once you cross into California be sure no magazines >10 rd and gun and ammo locked separately in the trunk....Oh Louisiana....not Los Angeles...Never mind....

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    We're always working to simplify them. In many cases we've already had success in that regard, but there's a long way to go yet. Many Ohio statutes are far too complicated than they should be. Even the cops here agree with that. Ohio concealed carry organizations and advocates are continually working to implement meaningful changes. I would say "We're working to", but I'll be moving to Tennessee next year and won't be part of that "we" anymore.
    That's okay, I'll take up some of the slack as we are hopefully going to complete our move to Ohio next year.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

8. Thank you for the information it is good that Ohio is now honerd in more states.