Indiana concealed carry laws.

Thread: Indiana concealed carry laws.

1. Indiana concealed carry laws.

Hello,

I have my lifetime carry permit and have for several years now. I usually never take it with me because I've never felt the need.

With all of the violence going on lately... and the clowns chasing random people around in public places... What is the law in Indiana to pull your gun? Not to use it... But just to more so be like "hey back off". If someone dresses in a clown costume starts walking towards me and I head back to my truck and they are still following me even after I say I'll call the cops or tell them to go away... I would be terrified and feel threatened. I've read on other forums if you pull your gun on someone without a weapon that you will get jail time... but it's hard to find the exact law for this situation in Indiana....

Considering these clowns were just spotted 30mins north of where I live and we're chasing kids at the bus stop, and the fact I also live 20mims from Fort Wayne and go visit the parks there frequently and there's been several shootings... I just want to feel safe when I leave my home...

Can someone please shead some light on this for me please and thank you.

Educate yourself about your own state's deadly force laws.

Pulling your gun on someone, i.e. pointing your gun at someone, is generally considered using deadly force. Using deadly force against a person is generally only justified if you or someone else has a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or serious bodily injury that is caused by that person. The key phrases here are reasonable, imminent and peril of death or serious bodily injury.

What is considered justifiable use of deadly force is stated in your state's criminal code,such as 35-41-3-2 and 35-41-3-3.

There is an entire subforum called Deadly Force and The Law. Watch the video below:

4. Wink

Sir I would like to remind you that there is a brandishing law. In case you do not know what that is. Brandishing or drawing a firearm, or other deadly weapon, can be a serious offense. if the following elements of the crime are proved:
    1. You took out, exhibited or drew a firearm or other deadly weapon 2. In the presence of another person 3. And you did so in a rude, threatening or angry manner, or, 4. You did so unlawfully while engaged in a fight or argument, and 5. You were not in the act of self-defense or defending another person.
    Pointing a Firearm at Another Person – Penalties under Indiana Law
    If you point a gun at someone you could be charged with this Class D felony punishable by 6 months to 3 years in prison. If the weapon was unloaded, the charge is reduced to a Class A misdemeanor and carries a potential sentence of up to 1 year in jail and $5,000 in fines.
    Some food for thought for Indiana. Indiana Weapon and Gun Laws
    Prohibited Instruments of Violence
    Some weapons are illegal in and of themselves, to have in your possession at any time for any reason. This means if you are caught in possession of any of these prohibited weapons you can be charged with a criminal offense.
    Possession of a switchblade is a Class B misdemeanor and carries a potential sentence of up to 180 days in jail and fines reaching $1,000. You can be charged with this offense if you are caught in possession of, sell, display, offer, or lend a knife whose blade opens automatically or may be propelled.
    Sawed-off shotguns are also prohibited in Indiana. If you manufacture, import, sell, give, or possess a sawed off shotgun you could be charged. This is a Class D felony carries a potential sentence of 6 months to 3 years in prison.
    Possession of a machine gun is illegal and considered a Class C felony. This offense carries a potential sentence of 2-8 years in prison.
    I hope this has helped you in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwalker View Post
    Sir I would like to remind you that there is a brandishing law. In case you do not know what that is. Brandishing or drawing a firearm, or other deadly weapon, can be a serious offense. if the following elements of the crime are proved:
    1. You took out, exhibited or drew a firearm or other deadly weapon 2. In the presence of another person 3. And you did so in a rude, threatening or angry manner, or, 4. You did so unlawfully while engaged in a fight or argument, and 5. You were not in the act of self-defense or defending another person.
    Pointing a Firearm at Another Person Penalties under Indiana Law
    If you point a gun at someone you could be charged with this Class D felony punishable by 6 months to 3 years in prison. If the weapon was unloaded, the charge is reduced to a Class A misdemeanor and carries a potential sentence of up to 1 year in jail and $5,000 in fines.
    Some food for thought for Indiana. Indiana Weapon and Gun Laws
    Prohibited Instruments of Violence
    Some weapons are illegal in and of themselves, to have in your possession at any time for any reason. This means if you are caught in possession of any of these prohibited weapons you can be charged with a criminal offense.
    Possession of a switchblade is a Class B misdemeanor and carries a potential sentence of up to 180 days in jail and fines reaching $1,000. You can be charged with this offense if you are caught in possession of, sell, display, offer, or lend a knife whose blade opens automatically or may be propelled.
    Sawed-off shotguns are also prohibited in Indiana. If you manufacture, import, sell, give, or possess a sawed off shotgun you could be charged. This is a Class D felony carries a potential sentence of 6 months to 3 years in prison.
    Possession of a machine gun is illegal and considered a Class C felony. This offense carries a potential sentence of 2-8 years in prison.
    I hope this has helped you in some way.
    I assume your source is this: Indiana Weapons Penalties - IN Gun Laws - Indiana Criminal Weapons Charges. It does mention the corresponding criminal codes.

I probably need to add that if you pull a gun on a person or otherwise threaten deadly force without legal justification, that person has the right to use lethal force against you.

7. Yes sir bofh the source for what I mentioned was in the Indiana Weapons Penalties - IN Gun Laws - Indiana Criminal Weapons Charges.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using USA Carry mobile app