National CCW - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: National CCW

1. Sorry for starting this thread without looking for it elsewhere first. I may have been just so excited about this possibility becoming a reality. Thanks to all for commenting. Also I surf from my Ipone and its not the easiest for me to navigate past thread etc. National CCW

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by wdalew5 View Post
    Sorry for starting this thread without looking for it elsewhere first. I may have been just so excited about this possibility becoming a reality. Thanks to all for commenting. Also I surf from my Ipone and its not the easiest for me to navigate past thread etc. National CCW
    Difficulty in navigation is understandable, whether because of you being on a phone or just not understanding how the forum works. Neither should earn you criticism as far as I'm concerned.

That said, you now have links to the older threads and can scrutinize arguments for both sides already made. There is solid legal and constitutional analysis on the issue there, and there's emotional, brain-dead obstinance too. If what you are really after is the expansion of rights, I suggest you only take into consideration the former, and reject the latter. That goes for this thread too. Good luck.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by Blueshell View Post
    Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Are you suggesting that the entire country, all of the folks who have carry permits, should be saddled with increased regulations, conditions, requirements, and fees so that those relatively few folks who visit the few States that do not issue non-resident permits will have the convenience of carrying into those States?
    No.

I'm saying just have the federal permit.

OR

Have a Federal standard all states permits then follow, thus making any permit from any state valid in all other states.

OR

Pass national Constitutional Carry and no one needs any permit at all.
    Aside from having true Constitutional Carry passed by each State under each State's own initiative where there are no permits at all.... and it would have to be done by each individual State or Daddy Fed would still be the one authority in control of carry permits able to institute all kinds of restrictions, requirements, conditions, regulations, and government control dependent entirely on who or what ideology was in control of Congress.

What you said about a Federal carry permit or a Federal standard is exactly the kind of government restrictions, requirements, conditions, regulations, and government control I was referring to.

Is the convenience and financial savings of the few concealed carriers who travel worth handing Daddy Fed the power to saddle the entire group of concealed carriers in the entire nation with government restrictions, requirements, conditions, regulations, and government control equal to the most restrictive State we have now? Please understand that the way government thinks government will always go for the most restrictions touting "safety" as it's reasoning.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. - J. C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Trump's "2A agenda" comes right from the NRA: National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Legislation. This legislation has been discussed by gun rights advocates and by forum members for quite a while. It has been a major demand from the NRA during Trump's campaign.

A simple YES.

Remember, Congress needs to pass such law and the President needs to sign it. Such laws originate in Congress as both houses need to agree on the language and need to find majorities. It is quite common to have laws like this being proposed by sponsors several years in a row with slight changes in language to appease individual Congress members.

The Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act is something that Congress could pass relatively quickly as it has a House and a Senate bill as well as a number of co-sponsors. Once passed, states, like California, New York and New Jersey, will likely sue. This would likely go to the Supreme Court. The arguments in front of the Supreme Court would be hilarious as the federal government and states fight over who is supposed to violate the 2nd Amendment under the disguise of improving gun rights.
    So what do you think they should do?

Since we will have a pro gun president now, what's the solution to the problem? You kept asking me for my contribution to this thread but quite frankly, I don't have much. When it comes to the subjects of politics and religion, I tend to back off. I don't know much about politics but at least I can now say that ever since I became a legal gun owner and concealed carrier, I have been paying more attention to it lately. That, and up to this election.

In a lotta ways I'd like to see constitutional carry across the country but how do you do that the right way? Second of all, how's it even possible? Each state has the right to govern themselves on certain things so, the federal government would have to step in. These gun hating states are gonna be pissed, just like how Texas and the few others that basically told Obama to stick it when he legalized gay marriage.

I'm just glad that hopefully for the next 4 years my gun rights will be preserved and not have to worry about someone taking my right to own and my right to carry a gun for protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My worry is that in order to establish a national CCW permit someone will insist on a national registration program.

That would make it simple for the next gun-hating president and private transfers would have to be recorded/approved by some government bobble-head.

Could be a real can of worms.

Reagan had the right idea, let honest citizens have guns but if you use them for crime there would be mandatory years added to a conviction.

They should treat it like a driver's license, if you qualify you get to drive. If you misuse your license you lose it and can go to jail.
    USAF 1958-62
    NRA Member since the 1950's
    FL CCW

Those who want more information about the pros and cons of the national concealed carry reciprocity idea please go to the link below originally provided by BluesStringer in post #8:

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/polit...ght=nationwide

and read the entire (quite long) thread to get good factual information that has been researched and links/cites are provided.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. - J. C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    So what do you think they should do?

Since we will have a pro gun president now, what's the solution to the problem? You kept asking me for my contribution to this thread but quite frankly, I don't have much. When it comes to the subjects of politics and religion, I tend to back off. I don't know much about politics but at least I can now say that ever since I became a legal gun owner and concealed carrier, I have been paying more attention to it lately. That, and up to this election.

In a lotta ways I'd like to see constitutional carry across the country but how do you do that the right way? Second of all, how's it even possible? Each state has the right to govern themselves on certain things so, the federal government would have to step in. These gun hating states are gonna be pissed, just like how Texas and the few others that basically told Obama to stick it when he legalized gay marriage.

I'm just glad that hopefully for the next 4 years my gun rights will be preserved and not have to worry about someone taking my right to own and my right to carry a gun for protection.
    1. Appoint a good replacement for Scalia.
    2. Repeal existing federal gun laws, such as:
      1. parts or all of the NFA (see the Hearing Protection Act),
      2. the gun-free school zone law,
      3. the 7N6 ammo import ban,
      4. the point system for firearm imports, etc.
    3. Challenge the constitutionality of state gun laws in court, such as:
      1. possession permits,
      2. purchase permits,
      3. may issue laws, etc.

This list is a starting point.

Trump's 2nd Amendment stance released today:

Trump Releases His Plan for 2nd Amendment... Leaves Millions Furious

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Well, again, you haven't read those threads I posted?
    Having participated in online debate for over 10 years, I quickly realized that we will all need to repeat ourselves everytime some new guy enters the frey.

No one is going to go read an old thread since the purpose is have an interactive discussion presently.

So I copy my well reserched posts and keep them in a word doc. I have several such posts in a folder, a separate folder full for each topic.

Over the years these saved posts allow me to quickly respond to reoccuring arguments.

You may enjoy doing something similer.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueshell View Post
    Having participated in online debate for over 10 years, I quickly realized that we will all need to repeat ourselves everytime some new guy enters the frey.

No one is going to go read an old thread since the purpose is have an interactive discussion presently.

So I copy my well reserched posts and keep them in a word doc. I have several such posts in a folder, a separate folder full for each topic.

Over the years these saved posts allow me to quickly respond to reoccuring arguments.

You may enjoy doing something similer.
    I simply use Google to search for my old posts: <username> site:Concealed Carry - Resources, Maps, Forums, Articles - USA Carry <search terms>

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast