National CCW - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: National CCW

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    I simply use Google to search for my old posts: <username> site:Concealed Carry - Resources, Maps, Forums, Articles - USA Carry <search terms>
    That seems to be the problem. You nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueshell View Post
    That seems to be the problem. You nailed it.
    I am not sure what you mean by that, but I am pretty sure you are going to enlighten me.

4. By the news reports, one would infer that Trump is solidly behind RKBA as a fundamental right. Is the slate clean for his bill or are we just going to reopen the same ole proposals that clearly aren't what they claim to be? I suspect it's just going to be a resurrection of bad bills that have already been written by the weak republicans who needed to get this past a democrat president. We might be missing a great opportunity to get something really good out of this, by grabbing low hanging fruit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I simply use Google to search for my old posts: <username> site:Concealed Carry - Resources, Maps, Forums, Articles - USA Carry <search terms>
    I am not sure what you mean by that, but I am pretty sure you are going to enlighten me.
    I'm not even sure what you meant.

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheFence View Post
    By the news reports, one would infer that Trump is solidly behind RKBA as a fundamental right. Is the slate clean for his bill or are we just going to reopen the same ole proposals that clearly aren't what they claim to be? I suspect it's just going to be a resurrection of bad bills that have already been written by the weak republicans who needed to get this past a democrat president. We might be missing a great opportunity to get something really good out of this, by grabbing low hanging fruit.

See, that's what I was wondering. Is Trump gonna base his plans for our 2nd amendment on that thing they were talking about earlier or is he gonna come up with something totally new?

And bofh, unless it is known what Trump IS gonna base his plans on, that stuff you talked about earlier in them other threads don't really pertain. That's old news. If he does, then I rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    I'm not even sure what you meant.
    Well, you may want to read Blueshell's post for that:

Quote Originally Posted by Blueshell View Post
    Having participated in online debate for over 10 years, I quickly realized that we will all need to repeat ourselves everytime some new guy enters the frey.

No one is going to go read an old thread since the purpose is have an interactive discussion presently.

So I copy my well reserched posts and keep them in a word doc. I have several such posts in a folder, a separate folder full for each topic.

Over the years these saved posts allow me to quickly respond to reoccuring arguments.

You may enjoy doing something similer.

By the news reports, one would infer that Trump is solidly behind RKBA as a fundamental right. Is the slate clean for his bill or are we just going to reopen the same ole proposals that clearly aren't what they claim to be? I suspect it's just going to be a resurrection of bad bills that have already been written by the weak republicans who needed to get this past a democrat president. We might be missing a great opportunity to get something really good out of this, by grabbing low hanging fruit.
    The bills in question have been posted in this thread. You may want to read them. Hint: No pro-gun bill was drafted that President Obama would be able to sign or any Democrat sponsors would be needed, as there is no such thing.

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    And bofh, unless it is known what Trump IS gonna base his plans on, that stuff you talked about earlier in them other threads don't really pertain. That's old news. If he does, then I rest my case.
    Well, no-one really knows what Trump is going to do. Even Trump doesn't know that yet. However, knowing how the legislative process works, the bills I mentioned will be used in some form, possibly as is. Remember, the President doesn't make law, Congress does. The President signs or vetoes laws.

10. Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    The bills in question have been posted in this thread. You may want to read them. Hint: No pro-gun bill was drafted that President Obama would be able to sign or any Democrat sponsors would be needed, as there is no such thing.
    These reciprocity bills have been laying around since early 2015? They certainly were tailored with hopes they could pass in the political climate of the day.

No need to argue over splitting hairs. If Trump is only about what's already proposed, it's nothing more than a big yawn.

We should be pushing for full Constitutional Carry. Think big, win big. Think small....

These reciprocity bills have been laying around since early 2015? They certainly were tailored with hopes they could pass in the political climate of the day.

No need to argue over splitting hairs. If Trump is only about what's already proposed, it's nothing more than a big yawn.

We should be pushing for full Constitutional Carry. Think big, win big. Think small....
    As for Constitutional Carry, there is the 2nd Amendment. All it takes is for the federal government or a true gun rights organization to sue all states that have any type of firearm or carry permit system. That simply ain't going to happen, for multiple reasons.

Realize that any law is likely going to be challenged by gun control advocates. SCOTUS will eventually decide how much infringement is OK.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast