National CCW - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: National CCW

Trump has not been sworn in yet. Why would I have to search bofh's old posts to see what he has decided we should know?

Every thread I read has bofh scolding someone for not putting his posts at the center of their universe.

I see bofh as being a "Board Bully" and trying to convince everyone he is the last word in all things.

Get over yourself and let the rest of us discuss things without your constant crap!
    USAF 1958-62
    NRA Member since the 1950's
    FL CCW

3. Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    As for Constitutional Carry, there is the 2nd Amendment. All it takes is for the federal government or a true gun rights organization to sue all states that have any type of firearm or carry permit system. That simply ain't going to happen, for multiple reasons.

Realize that any law is likely going to be challenged by gun control advocates. SCOTUS will eventually decide how much infringement is OK.
    Boy you sure are a conversation ender. Did you happen to notice that the president elect just ***** slapped both parties this summer?

Right now would be a great time to shoot for the moon. Not just fall back on the old bad ideas.

If that's good enough for you, you might be in for a win. I am betting the poor souls in NY, CA, HI who can't get a license in their home state aren't going to find this bill all that helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheFence View Post
    Boy you sure are a conversation ender. Did you happen to notice that the president elect just ***** slapped both parties this summer?

Right now would be a great time to shoot for the moon. Not just fall back on the old bad ideas.

If that's good enough for you, you might be in for a win. I am betting the poor souls in NY, CA, HI who can't get a license in their home state aren't going to find this bill all that helpful.
    Sorry to smash your hopes and dreams, but there is something called political reality. Again, the President doesn't make any laws. Trump won the electoral college, but not the popular vote. That's not what most would call a mandate that he could use to twist the arms of Congress critters. There is certainly momentum for pro-gun bills, but most Republican politicians and the NRA support some form of gun control laws. So far, Trump's 2A agenda was lame at best.

As for enacting a federal law that would override state law and help those citizens in prohibitive states, it's complicated. There are a number of constitutionality arguments that would eventually be settled by the SCOTUS. We might not like what the SCOTUS has to say about that. It has ruled in favor of gun control laws in the past with a conservative majority.

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Sorry to smash your hopes and dreams, but there is something called political reality. Again, the President doesn't make any laws. Trump won the electoral college, but not the popular vote. That's not what most would call a mandate that he could use to twist the arms of Congress critters. There is certainly momentum for pro-gun bills, but most Republican politicians and the NRA support some form of gun control laws. So far, Trump's 2A agenda was lame at best.

As for enacting a federal law that would override state law and help those citizens in prohibitive states, it's complicated. There are a number of constitutionality arguments that would eventually be settled by the SCOTUS. We might not like what the SCOTUS has to say about that. It has ruled in favor of gun control laws in the past with a conservative majority.
    The populer vote is a joke and "mandate" isn't a real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Danwin22 View Post
    Trump has not been sworn in yet. Why would I have to search bofh's old posts to see what he has decided we should know?
    Why should you? Blueshell and I were discussing, for some reason, how we maintain records of our own well reserched posts. Blueshell uses a Word document, while I just Google my own past posts. No-one suggested that you search specifically for my old posts.

Every thread I read has bofh scolding someone for not putting his posts at the center of their universe.
    I am opinionated. You are welcome to have and post your own opinions.

I see bofh as being a "Board Bully" and trying to convince everyone he is the last word in all things.
    You may want to re-read this thread and decide yourself who wanted to have the last word on an off-topic discussion and who just let it go.

Get over yourself and let the rest of us discuss things without your constant crap!
    Says the guy who posted an off-topic rant. We are actually discussing things and you just started crap.

7. Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post

I am pretty much bored with your childish scoldings. I am probably speaking over your head which is making you feel the need to educate me and mis characterize what I said.

Maybe someone will come along and explain it to you at your level.

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    I am opinionated. You are welcome to have and post your own opinions.
    Nice job makin' it sound like your opinion is gods gift to opinions...

You may want to re-read this thread and decide yourself who wanted to have the last word on an off-topic discussion and who just let it go.
    And this doesn't qualify as having the last word on your part?? Holy crap man, I thought we were passed that but damn I guess not.

But all in all that "having the last word" nonsense is just a weak comeback.

Says the guy who posted an off-topic rant. We are actually discussing things and you just started crap.
    Hey, you've posted your fair share of off-topic bs beginning with your first....... "contribution" to this thread.

Why can't you just own up to it bofh, your first reply is what started all this but you're too arrogant to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheFence View Post
    I am pretty much bored with your childish scoldings. I am probably speaking over your head which is making you feel the need to educate me and mis characterize what I said.

Maybe someone will come along and explain it to you at your level.
    What you think are childish scoldings are just the hard facts of reality. Just because Trump will be President, doesn't suddenly mean decades of gun control laws get reversed. Congress is and always has been the problem. With hard work, we will certainly make some progress on gun rights, but don't expect the same Senators that just recently co-sponsored the Manchin-Toomey bill to suddenly support Constitutional carry. I don't think that there is a majority for actual Constitutional carry in the Senate or the House.

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    Why can't you just own up to it bofh, your first reply is what started all this but you're too arrogant to see it.
    Once again, we see who posts crap and wants to have the last word. It was your post #3 that derailed this thread and you do it again. Congrats.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast