National CCW - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 81

Thread: National CCW

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    FYI: The Nationwide Reciprocity thread is still active for those that are interested.

  2.   
  3. #62

    National CCW

    Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Once again, we see who posts crap and wants to have the last word. It was your post #3 that derailed this thread and you do it again. Congrats.
    Whatever dude... You'd argue with a fence post.

    Oh and by the way, we could play this last word nonsense all night. Funny how in "bofh" world I'm the only guilty one. Funny how that works.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #63
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Danwin22 View Post
    Trump has not been sworn in yet. Why would I have to search bofh's old posts to see what he has decided we should know?
    Bofh didn't suggest you read *his* posts about national reciprocity, he suggested you read only one of mine in Post #26 of this thread to get a flavor for the constitutional issues at stake.

    Trump can only sign what is passed in Congress. The only bills trying to establish federal control of any kind over carrying across state lines are the same bills that were being discussed in the two threads bofh linked to in Post #2 of this thread. Trump not being sworn in yet is neither here nor there if the only thing he has the potential to be given in the form of a passed bill are the ones that have been kickin' around Congress for at least two years now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Danwin22 View Post
    Every thread I read has bofh scolding someone for not putting his posts at the center of their universe.
    That's interesting, because the only threads bofh suggested you or anyone else read, he didn't participate in at all. He was just trying to get the OP to go where all the caterwaulin' and moanin' could be found in two threads, instead of starting it all over again in this one. Apparently though, nobody wants to really scrutinize the national reciprocity bills that are still active in Congress, because y'all would obviously rather engage in caterwaulin' and moanin' about how bofh says stuff rather than what he says about stuff. Boo-friggin'-hoo.

    Quote Originally Posted by Danwin22 View Post
    I see bofh as being a "Board Bully" and trying to convince everyone he is the last word in all things.
    Well maybe you should actually read the threads he tried to guide you to about national reciprocity so you can see that not only has he not attempted to have the last word, he hasn't even offered the first word on the subject. And even if he did, reading those threads would demonstrate clearly that bofh is certainly not the only participant around here who might be legitimately described as a "bully," an accusation which I have found is the providence of a participant who has nothing of value to add to a discussion, so they just resort to ad hominem for the sake of belching out something about that which they know next to nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Danwin22 View Post
    Get over yourself and let the rest of us discuss things without your constant crap!
    Now would be a good time to take your own advice.

    Back on-topic: Anyone who claims to believe that the Second Amendment means what it says, and likewise believes that national reciprocity emanating from the fedgov is allowed under the auspices of the Second Amendment, is Second Amendment illiterate. National reciprocity is a Trojan Horse of just slightly less than Biblical proportions. It will sink the hooks of fedgov into carry issues across the nation, and the country will never wriggle free of those hooks. It will be the basis for more gun control and less personal liberty. It will be the death-blow to the unabridged Second Amendment, and that would be true whether Obama was still in office when it passed, Trump is in office, or some future President who doesn't understand or care how the Second Amendment is the only thing between freedom and tyranny, and even at that, it's so weak now that it's probably already too late to keep it meaningful anyway. But if you want to ensure that the Second Amendment goes the way of the dinosaur, go ahead and write your Congress-critters and Trump, and get this thing done! Oh, and if you do do that, thanks for nothin'.

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  5. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Bofh didn't suggest you read *his* posts about national reciprocity, he suggested you read only one of mine in Post #26 of this thread to get a flavor for the constitutional issues at stake.

    Trump can only sign what is passed in Congress. The only bills trying to establish federal control of any kind over carrying across state lines are the same bills that were being discussed in the two threads bofh linked to in Post #2 of this thread. Trump not being sworn in yet is neither here nor there if the only thing he has the potential to be given in the form of a passed bill are the ones that have been kickin' around Congress for at least two years now.



    That's interesting, because the only threads bofh suggested you or anyone else read, he didn't participate in at all. He was just trying to get the OP to go where all the caterwaulin' and moanin' could be found in two threads, instead of starting it all over again in this one. Apparently though, nobody wants to really scrutinize the national reciprocity bills that are still active in Congress, because y'all would obviously rather engage in caterwaulin' and moanin' about how bofh says stuff rather than what he says about stuff. Boo-friggin'-hoo.



    Well maybe you should actually read the threads he tried to guide you to about national reciprocity so you can see that not only has he not attempted to have the last word, he hasn't even offered the first word on the subject. And even if he did, reading those threads would demonstrate clearly that bofh is certainly not the only participant around here who might be legitimately described as a "bully," an accusation which I have found is the providence of a participant who has nothing of value to add to a discussion, so they just resort to ad hominem for the sake of belching out something about that which they know next to nothing.



    Now would be a good time to take your own advice.

    Back on-topic: Anyone who claims to believe that the Second Amendment means what it says, and likewise believes that national reciprocity emanating from the fedgov is allowed under the auspices of the Second Amendment, is Second Amendment illiterate. National reciprocity is a Trojan Horse of just slightly less than Biblical proportions. It will sink the hooks of fedgov into carry issues across the nation, and the country will never wriggle free of those hooks. It will be the basis for more gun control and less personal liberty. It will be the death-blow to the unabridged Second Amendment, and that would be true whether Obama was still in office when it passed, Trump is in office, or some future President who doesn't understand or care how the Second Amendment is the only thing between freedom and tyranny, and even at that, it's so weak now that it's probably already too late to keep it meaningful anyway. But if you want to ensure that the Second Amendment goes the way of the dinosaur, go ahead and write your Congress-critters and Trump, and get this thing done! Oh, and if you do do that, thanks for nothin'.

    Blues
    How many of you 'cold dead hand' types died this moth resisting confisction of illegaly posessed modern machineguns?

    If you're here posting, that means you didn't keep an oath and fight tyrany today.

    Which means you do not support the second amendment.

  6. #65
    I don't think anyone thinks you don't know what you're talking about, it's a question of attitude.

    If you go back to the original post the OP made a simple statement.

    Bofh immediately jumped on the guy, calling it BS and idiocy.

    Just because a fairly new guy tries to enter into a discussion doesn't give bofh the right to belittle someone else's post.

    If anyone dares to protest bofh's admonishments you can be sure BluesStringer will quickly come to his rescue and do his "cut and Paste" routine to spin things in their favor.

    All one needs to do is look at a few of the recent threads and notice the heavy handed tactics bofh and BS use to discourage other views.
    USAF 1958-62
    NRA Member since the 1950's
    FL CCW

  7. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    3,800
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    -snip-
    Anyone who claims to believe that the Second Amendment means what it says, and likewise believes that national reciprocity emanating from the fedgov is allowed under the auspices of the Second Amendment, is Second Amendment illiterate. National reciprocity is a Trojan Horse of just slightly less than Biblical proportions. It will sink the hooks of fedgov into carry issues across the nation, and the country will never wriggle free of those hooks. It will be the basis for more gun control and less personal liberty. It will be the death-blow to the unabridged Second Amendment, and that would be true whether Obama was still in office when it passed, Trump is in office, or some future President who doesn't understand or care how the Second Amendment is the only thing between freedom and tyranny, and even at that, it's so weak now that it's probably already too late to keep it meaningful anyway. But if you want to ensure that the Second Amendment goes the way of the dinosaur, go ahead and write your Congress-critters and Trump, and get this thing done! Oh, and if you do do that, thanks for nothin'.

    Blues
    Well said!

    I personally see these discussions about national reciprocity as nothing more than lots of talk from folks begging for permission from Daddy government because they do not understand that the words "shall not be infringed" means the government should not have any authority, absolutely none what so ever!, over the bearing of arms.

    "We the people" should not be begging for Daddy Fed's permission to carry across State lines but should be demanding Daddy Fed and all of the States stop controlling the personal and natural right to use any and all weapons in defense of self from any and all enemies (that includes common criminals and out of control governments!) that are a threat to the lives of "we the people" individually and collectively.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. - J. C. Watts

  8. Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    What you think are childish scoldings are just the hard facts of reality. Just because Trump will be President, doesn't suddenly mean decades of gun control laws get reversed. Congress is and always has been the problem. With hard work, we will certainly make some progress on gun rights, but don't expect the same Senators that just recently co-sponsored the Manchin-Toomey bill to suddenly support Constitutional carry. I don't think that there is a majority for actual Constitutional carry in the Senate or the House.
    More of the same. I never claimed that the existence of Trump was going to suddenly reverse decades of gun control laws.. You keep trying to straighten me out, yet you aren't really understanding what I am saying. So you just make up your own version and start the teachin and preachin.

    We both know that for a president to get his Agenda worked on he has to talk it up. My expectation is that the outsider, if really concerned about 2a issues, will bring a new narrative and more aggressive approach. Hell maybe he would have a commission on "Comprehensive Gun Rights Reform".

    I suspect however he isn't all that interested and will only have the self dealing NRA version of 2A rights. If passed, the right wing media will claim a massive victory that we will all know as false.

  9. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Danwin22 View Post
    Bofh immediately jumped on the guy, calling it BS and idiocy.
    You may actually want to read the other national reciprocity threads. That's what other forum members think of this idea too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Danwin22 View Post
    Just because a fairly new guy tries to enter into a discussion doesn't give bofh the right to belittle someone else's post.
    The OP has been on this forum since 09-17-2014. That's before both national reciprocity threads were started. Your argument is void.

    Quote Originally Posted by Danwin22 View Post
    All one needs to do is look at a few of the recent threads and notice the heavy handed tactics bofh and BS use to discourage other views.
    Heavy handed tactics? How about engaging in a discussion that is on topic? As I said, the Nationwide Reciprocity thread is still active for those that are interested.

  10. #69
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Well said!

    I personally see these discussions about national reciprocity as nothing more than lots of talk from folks begging for permission from Daddy government because they do not understand that the words "shall not be infringed" means the government should not have any authority, absolutely none what so ever!, over the bearing of arms.

    "We the people" should not be begging for Daddy Fed's permission to carry across State lines but should be demanding Daddy Fed and all of the States stop controlling the personal and natural right to use any and all weapons in defense of self from any and all enemies (that includes common criminals and out of control governments!) that are a threat to the lives of "we the people" individually and collectively.
    +1

  11. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheFence View Post
    We both know that for a president to get his Agenda worked on he has to talk it up. My expectation is that the outsider, if really concerned about 2a issues, will bring a new narrative and more aggressive approach. Hell maybe he would have a commission on "Comprehensive Gun Rights Reform".

    I suspect however he isn't all that interested and will only have the self dealing NRA version of 2A rights. If passed, the right wing media will claim a massive victory that we will all know as false.
    +1. Now you are saying exactly what I mean.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast