Mistake buying the M&P Shield? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mistake buying the M&P Shield?

1. I sampled the M&Ps when shopping for a lightweight, compact EDC .45acp. Didn't like the trigger among other things with the M&P, and ended up choosing the Glock G36. YMMV.

If you made any mistake I would say it was you picking your wife's handgun. The last time my wife purchased a handgun I took her to our LGS, turned her over to the proprietor (friend of ours) and walked away. I wandered back over about 15 minutes later and he had 8 guns sitting on the counter and was answering her questions. A half hour after that I walked back over and he had HER choice, a pocket holster, spare magazines and a box of ammunition sitting on the counter AND he threw in a free UpLula.

As for the Shield, I don't have a Shield manual handy but the M&P manual says to load the gun by inserting the magazine and pulling the slide to the rear and releasing it. The Slide Stop on the M&Ps is small, stiff and hard to manipulate you're probably better off sling shotting it
    In an emergency individuals do not rise to the occasion, they fall to the level of their MASTERED training
    Barrett Tillman

Quote Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post
    Perhaps I should add an additional insight
    No, you probably shouldn't.
    In an emergency individuals do not rise to the occasion, they fall to the level of their MASTERED training
    Barrett Tillman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12