Opinion on Concealed Carry insurance such as USCCA
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinion on Concealed Carry insurance such as USCCA

1. Opinion on Concealed Carry insurance such as USCCA

Wanted to see what ya'll have to say about these so-called conceal carry insurance companies such as USCCA, Do you have a plan to cover you in case of the need to use deadly force? If so what company do you have a plan with? In your opinion do you think it's worth it to get insurance dispite the chance of needing it is fairly low?

USCCA Insurance Plans

It depends. Like with any other type of insurance, you are playing the odds of needing it or not. It is a personal choice. Read:

Do You Need Concealed Carry Insurance? Comparing a Few of the Top Plans
    Insurance and lawyers
    Insurance cover for a self defense civil lawsuit?

4. Quote Originally Posted by AiraCobra View Post
    Wanted to see what ya'll have to say about these so-called conceal carry insurance companies such as USCCA, Do you have a plan to cover you in case of the need to use deadly force? If so what company do you have a plan with? In your opinion do you think it's worth it to get insurance dispite the chance of needing it is fairly low?

USCCA Insurance Plans
    Had it for 3 years now

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

5. Same here--3 years. For me it is like having health insurance--peace of mind.

Here's the difference between health insurance, auto insurance and concealed carry insurance:

The health insurance and auto insurance companies all produce annual financial reports which show how much money they took in and how much money they paid out in actual claims. Show me a company offering concealed carry insurance that produces a financial report showing how much they have paid out in real claims. Why isn't that data available? The most probable reason that I can think of is because they are not paying money out in real claims.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

7. They actually do pay for Attorney fees, bail and etc. All you need to do is call their toll free number, which is manned by real person, and they will get the ball rolling. They have paid many times in cases where a member has needed help after an incident. They take care of everything. Including any attorney that represents you on your behalf. USCCA does have many attorneys on call in most states and gaining more all the time. according to some attorneys who have been used they sent a bill to USCCA and within a week they were paid in full. I am a member but am because if I am ever in a situation where I had to use my weapon it would be nice to have someone in my corner right away and not have to worry about finding the money to pay for a attorney. I pay for car insurance and knock on wood have never needed to use it. I have done the same thing for protecting myself in case I need to save my family. USCCA also does more than offer the insurance, they also have constant training available and so much more. But everybody needs to think about what they need to do for themselves. There are many different plans offered by many companies including those endorsed by NRA. If you feel you are not interested great. If you want some peace of mind and that is what you feel is needed, That is great also. I did take the life membership in USCCA and so far have felt I received my moneys worth. Hopefully I will never need to activate the attorney option that is included in my memebership.

Quote Originally Posted by steveksfc View Post
    They actually do pay for Attorney fees, bail and etc. All you need to do is call their toll free number, which is manned by real person, and they will get the ball rolling. They have paid many times in cases where a member has needed help after an incident. They take care of everything. Including any attorney that represents you on your behalf. USCCA does have many attorneys on call in most states and gaining more all the time. according to some attorneys who have been used they sent a bill to USCCA and within a week they were paid in full. I am a member but am because if I am ever in a situation where I had to use my weapon it would be nice to have someone in my corner right away and not have to worry about finding the money to pay for a attorney. I pay for car insurance and knock on wood have never needed to use it. I have done the same thing for protecting myself in case I need to save my family. USCCA also does more than offer the insurance, they also have constant training available and so much more. But everybody needs to think about what they need to do for themselves. There are many different plans offered by many companies including those endorsed by NRA. If you feel you are not interested great. If you want some peace of mind and that is what you feel is needed, That is great also. I did take the life membership in USCCA and so far have felt I received my moneys worth. Hopefully I will never need to activate the attorney option that is included in my memebership.
    Where can those financial reports be viewed online?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueshell View Post
    Where can those financial reports be viewed online?
    Is that crickets I hear chirping in the background?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Is that crickets I hear chirping in the background?
    Sure is.

11. I have been researching this type of "insurance" for sometime and cannot for the life of me find who the underwriters of the insurance policies are. That immediately gives me pause about who these companies really are and what their capitalization is if they don't have underwriters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast