What to do next?

Thread: What to do next?

1. What to do next?

I applied for a concealed carry permit in Florida, but was denied because of two 15-year-old charges I have in Kentucky for petty theft from 2001. I moved before I could resolve the charges. What should I do? I have 30 days to appeal the suspension. Do I need to hire a lawyer to have it expunged? Does anyone know if expunging it will give me my permit? do I have to reapply? Any information you responsible gun owners have will be much appreciated!

From what I've read is an expungement from one state does not guarantee a CCW permit will be issued by another state let alone the state where the offences were committed. Someone else may come on board as I believe there's been a ruling either by DOJ or ATF concerning this issue.
    Good luck.

I am a self-proclaimed Internet lawyer and practice in all 51 states (including the State of Denial). I also stayed in a Holiday Inn recently. Are you seriously asking random strangers on the Internet for legal help?

Your post does not make much sense. Petty theft is usually classified as a non-violent misdemeanor for first-time offenders, a conviction for which is not a reason to deny a CWL in Florida. What does "I moved before I could resolve the charges." mean? If you are a a fugitive from justice, then that would be a reason for a denial.

5. Rude, but helpful:)

6. Not rude imo, good advice.

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    I am a self-proclaimed Internet lawyer and practice in all 51 states (including the State of Denial). I also stayed in a Holiday Inn recently.

Thanks for the good laugh