Church Carry - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Church Carry

Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    Amen
    Back at ya with a BIG AMEN.

Simply trouble never makes an appointment, even at church.
    JB
    "Active Member Of My Neighborhood Watch Pistol Team"
    Montana Gun Owners

Smile Carry in Church!!

[B]You Betcha I carry in Church ! I do this for two reason many a devastated spouse attends church for God,s help, and many abusive sociopaths who are the spouses of those poor souls know that's where they can find them.

Secondly Jesus[B] himself said Let any man who has two coats sell one and buy a sword. What does any common sense reaction to that phrase tell you? The only reason he didn't say buy a gun is because the sword was the state of the art easily carried self defense weapon of the time. Remember Sam Colt hadn't been born yet.

I carry when I preach because of the people IN the church!!!

Reap the Vision...
    ...Mike

Quote Originally Posted by sambo42xa View Post
    Your opinion rarely gets listened to anyway? Yeh, I'm married.
    Not married (anymore, she didn't listen) but have GF and In military, but both go against my opinion and it rarely succeeds when they undermind me.

6. Crime doesn't care that it's a church. An acquaintance told me I'm going to "burn in hell" because I did. WHAT THE HECK IS THE PROBLEM? I believe that if you're going to carry a gun, carry it ALL OF THE TIME. It doesn't matter what neighborhood you're in, who you're near, or how you feel. Selective carrying I think is just as safe as NOT carrying.

And besides, since when was weapons in a church a bad thing? Didn't all sorts of people carry weapons to church in the olde days? How many people died in the defense of god?

Quote Originally Posted by Stratus41298 View Post
    Crime doesn't care that it's a church. An acquaintance told me I'm going to "burn in hell" because I did. WHAT THE HECK IS THE PROBLEM? I believe that if you're going to carry a gun, carry it ALL OF THE TIME. It doesn't matter what neighborhood you're in, who you're near, or how you feel. Selective carrying I think is just as safe as NOT carrying.

And besides, since when was weapons in a church a bad thing? Didn't all sorts of people carry weapons to church in the olde days? How many people died in the defense of god?

An acquaintance told me I'm going to "burn in hell" because I did.

Did you ask him to show you scripture that says that?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

8. haha nah, instead I went on a rant about how the church was build from weapons and how many died in the name of the church. He got saved by the bell because the movie was starting. He's been a military man for the better part of his life too.
    "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by six"
    -Sgt. Jeremy Clark WHPD

Here in Georgia Church is one of the "Off-Limits" places of "public gathering" where law abiding folks become the "law breaker" and the bad guys don't care. It is even illegal to leave your firearm in your locked car in the parking lot. Though I know some folks carry in church regardless. We had legislation last session to help define the "public gathering" language but our Lt. Gov killed it saying he "didn't have the appetite for it" and "people ought to be content" with the way it is.
    Last edited by BlessedToBeFree; 01-19-2009 at 10:32 PM.

Interesting as I got my TN carry permit, there were three guys getting permits at the request of the church (the church paid for their classes) so that they coudl carry and maybe stop a robbery of the collection plate.

Bill

11. Pastor asks you not to carry...

There has been a few discussions here about Pastor's permission, Pastor asks you to leave, etc....

The pastor may not have that authority. (Assuming it's not illegal by state law, most states it's not illegal to carry at church)... the pastor may not have the authority to permit or deny carry in the church. In most churches, the pastor is a paid employee who is hired by some higher church authority. The owner of the property/building of the church or the board granted authority to manage the property would be the proper authority to grant/deny weapons, unless that authority was delegated to the pastor.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast