Church Carry - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Church Carry

I think its perfectly ok to carry in church. I have heard of church shootings that have happened before. If i was going to do it i would make sure no one Knew

3. In CT all we need is apparent authority. *sigh* I love that law.
    "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by six"
    -Sgt. Jeremy Clark WHPD

Not meaning to hijack, but see this:

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/arkan...cw-church.html
    The mighty oak was once a little nut who held it's ground.

Church

When I was in Kosovo for the Army 2 years ago, we had to carry into Church. I always felt strange, and I noticed a lot of people took their sidearm off or left their M-16 at the end of the aisle.

I don't care if someone does, I guess I just hope that this is one place I'd never need it.
    "No matter how one approaches the figures, one is forced to the rather startling conclusion that the use of firearms in crime was very much less when there were no controls of any sort and when anyone, convicted criminal or lunatic, could buy any type of firearm without restriction. Half a century of strict controls on pistols has ended, perversely, with a far greater use of this weapon in crime than ever before."

-- Colin Greenwood

6. Quote Originally Posted by RHB43 View Post
    South Carolina, A CWP does not authorize carring a firearm in church. section 23-31-215 misdemeanor- $1000.00 and /or 1 year imprisonment & revocation of CWP for five years. Into a church or other established religous sanctuary except (with) expressed permission of the appropriate church official or church governing body.
    Heh, that's if you get caught! I'd like to see the prosecutor press charges against me after I just saved an entire church full of people. They'd have a massive protest by the end of the day! Might be worth it just to get the legislation changed, so to speak. Stinks that something like that would have to happen for people to see the light.... All puns intended!
    "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by six"
    -Sgt. Jeremy Clark WHPD

Here in Michigan, it's OK in the parking lot, but not in the building, unless you have permission.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

8. Church CCW

At our church in Garland, Texas, if trouble breaks out there will be at least 1/2 dozen concealed guns close by. I can think of several men who carry. Our annual men's retreat has been jokingly called the beef, bible, and bullets retreat.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasgun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    Okay, I see. I could be wrong, and I've not read them all, but I don't believe that Nevada has any such provision in the NRS.
    You are correct.
    As long as the church does not have a licensed child care facility or a K-12 school then you are fine. If they do then they are prohibited for open and concealed carry.

Sunday school is a gray area as there's no statutory definition of a school under NRS 202.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

its your personal responsibility to carry no matter where it is as responsible citizen. as long as it dont break any laws. you should ask your friend why he is shucking his responsibility

Cool

I am a music minister and future Deacon. IF Illinois EVER gets concealed carry legislation (and I hope we do) would feel funny carrying a weapon in church.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast