Church Carry - Page 7
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Church Carry

IF I went to church I darn sure would carry...To many of those places have been shot up. One 8-10 miles from me about 10 yrs ago in Ft.Worth was attacked.
    "I don't want to ever shoot anyone . . .
    but I want bad guys to leave my family and me alone!"

3. If it is legal in your state and your a regular member, I say carry. If the Preacher were to have a problem with it..... he has a bigger problem that you carrying a firearm.

Besides isn't that why they make guns in Hard Chrome? Your Sunday best. Oh and you can whoop out that verse about Jesus saying "If you have no sword, sell your garment and buy one". I love seeing some "religious" people try to wiggle out of that one. Jesus, in his infinite wisdom, understood that there would come a time when they would come for him and he did not want his friends/followers to be without protection.

Personally I feel if GOD doesn't have a problem with it why should anyone else in church... I mean after all it is HIS HOUSE. The Preacher is just a caretaker.

Damn Spiff Well Said!!!
    "I don't want to ever shoot anyone . . .
    but I want bad guys to leave my family and me alone!"

I live in Arizona, and attend a church that has 10k+ members. 4 services for the weekend, averaging 2k-3k per service.

Not only am I a church member, but I am also a volunteer for the "Safety and Security Team". I am a retired police sergeant, and a retired military policemen. I have an Arizona CCW.

Most, but not all, of our team is made up of present or prior LE, and citizen CCW. Both men and women.

We have a layered system of security with our team in and around the parking area and buildings, intermingled with the local uniformed LE. Inside the service we have more of our team stategically placed throughout the service. Everyone uses 2-way radios with earpieces and lapel mics.

We have dedicated person(s) every service to provide VIP protection to the head, and speaking pastor. We also designate person(s) to the seperate children's area.

We have plans for every contingency, and we hold regular meetings of our team, that includes role playing and what if. Our duties include assisting in medical emergencies along with the church's dedicated volunteer medical team.

On a regular basis we have encountered individuals that had "issues of concern", and so far we have been able to identify and intervene before those 'issues' caused any problems.

I am interested to find out what you/your church does to ensure the safety of it's leaders and parishoners.

So, it looks like you ARE your brother's keeper. Might be good to talk to him about it outside church. There have been several churches recently, and with hindsight, wish some worshipers had been carrying. Unfortunately, the bad guys do not have regular hours to wreak havoc, and sometimes do it inside of churches. Better safe than sorry. Gun-free zones aren't very safe for good people most of the time.

Church Shooting Prompts Training Offer

Front Sight Firearms Training Institute

Front Sight made this offer in view of the recent church shootings. You might be interested.

Ok, first, let me say that I've applied for my CCW (ETA: May) and I am pro-self-defense. I will kill someone trying to harm me or my family. Period.

I also attend church three times a week, but will not carry in church, even if allowed (which we're not in SC unless you have permission). The bad press for the church is enough to dissuade me.

Further, the verse quoted by many (Luke 22:36) to "get Jesus on their side" regarding self-defense is taken out of context. While I think it is our duty as parents (and spouses) to protect our family from harm, I also know that Jesus said "turn the other cheek", "give him your cloak also", and "do unto others as you'd have them do to you".

So if a BG wants my wallet, watch, truck, jacket... he can have it. Those are replaceable. But when he shows intention of violence. Bang!
    SC CWP
    NH non-res CWP
    NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSumter View Post
    Ok, first, let me say that I've applied for my CCW (ETA: May) and I am pro-self-defense. I will kill someone trying to harm me or my family. Period.

I also attend church three times a week, but will not carry in church, even if allowed (which we're not in SC unless you have permission). The bad press for the church is enough to dissuade me.

<snip>

So if a BG wants my wallet, watch, truck, jacket... he can have it. Those are replaceable. But when he shows intention of violence. Bang!
    This puzzles me. You say that at any intent of violence, then you will shoot, but you won't carry in church? What if the BG goes to your church with intent to kill and you don't have your gun with you?

- Ceicei

Well considering what recently happened in a church in Illinois, the BG came in looking for lives not valuables. I'm packing!!

I agree! It truly is a sad day when in this country, We have to have armed gaurds in Church! a real sad day!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast