Church Carry
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Church Carry

Church Carry

I just got out of church and had something interesting happened today. Let me explain.

My brother and I have been attending the same church together for the past two and a half years. Both of us have LTCs, but every time we go to church together (it's always in his car) he leaves his gun in the car. Until today we never talked about it; my reasoning was if that's what he chose to do, then let him. Today, after church let out, he told me that he saw my gun printing against my sweater and asked me why I was carrying my gun in church. When I told him that I always carried there, his eyes grew big and he asked me if I was crazy. I guess since it never came up, he must have always either not thought about it or assumed that I kept my gun at home. He asked if I would continue to bring my gun to church or if I would start leaving it at home; when I told him that I have been armed at church all this time with no problems (church carry is legal here in Indiana) and that I would continue to carry there, he just sorta went silent. I hope that he doesn't use that as a reason not to continue taking me to church with him. I'll just have to wait and see what happens next week. I'll let you guys know what happens.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Well, after spending about almost 5 hrs outside snowblowing and now I'm burnt out (having a drink right now of course), I came back to my favorite forum! Lot's of replies from........who else....tattedupboy, of course ! Man, your computer stuck to you or what ??!!
    Anyways, I think this church thingy came up once on here somewhere if I remember. I think someone mentioned that it is not illegal to carry in a church but You should mention it to the Pastor that You are carrying and if it is "ok" with Him then that's fine but if not, you must abide by His request. Other than that, I do not see any reason why not to carry in a church. All in all, You don't even have to say anything to anyone! I'm just repeating something I read on here back awhile ago. CCW is more the better I think in that cituation anyway. Again, use Your better judgement.
    Answering your question, as far as your Brother, if You're driving, then bring your weapon in. If He is driving then leave it in His car OR tell him you'll catch up with Him later.
    Now I'm ready for another drink!
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

if it is legal to carry in churches there... then why does your brother have a problem with it?
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

It's illegal here in VA. I think there are provisions, but there is some hoops to jump through. I don't see why you shouldn't be able to carry personally anyway. But my opinion rarely gets listened to anyway

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    When I told him that I always carried there, his eyes grew big and he asked me if I was crazy. I guess since it never came up, he must have always either not thought about it or assumed that I kept my gun at home. He asked if I would continue to bring my gun to church or if I would start leaving it at home...
    Ask him why he doesn't carry in church. Somehow, I doubt he will be able to verbalize a logical reason. If guns are incompatible with one's faith, then carrying outside of church would be a sin.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Whether I'm preaching or not, I carry in church. Here is why.

Church Shooting in TN

Church Shooting in NJ

Church Shooting in CO

Quote Originally Posted by DocBoCook View Post
    It's illegal here in VA. I think there are provisions, but there is some hoops to jump through. I don't see why you shouldn't be able to carry personally anyway. But my opinion rarely gets listened to anyway
    Your opinion rarely gets listened to anyway? Yeh, I'm married.
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

9. I choose not to attend religious services so I don't have to confront this type of decision
    You bet your ass I carry cocked and locked

Doc and Sam, yeah, me too. Don't worry, we hear ya! *grin*

If your hand gun is with you in church there is no way someone passing by the church can walk up and steal your gun. Thieves have no boundaries!!

"Common Sense" gun laws. Common sense tells me that the gun didn't carry itself to the crime scene and pull it's own trigger. Punish the criminals, not the guns!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast