How often do you carry? - Page 14

View Poll Results: Which of these describes the frequency with which you carry?

Voters
520. You may not vote on this poll
  • If I'm awake, I'm carrying, even at home

211 40.58%
  • Religiously whenever I leave the house

219 42.12%
  • Whenever I'm going to be in a high crime area

37 7.12%
  • Other

53 10.19%
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: How often do you carry?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Bohica1998 View Post
    I have one near me in whichever room I'm in. When I go out of the house, I'm carrying. Except for work, where it is not allowed. I avoid GFZs like the plague.

We had a local KFC/Taco Bell that decided to become a GFZ and put up 'No Guns' stickers on the doors. I have not been there since, not even through the drive-thru. And neither have all the on-duty and off-duty cops that used to practically live there. I have to wonder how much money they have lost as a result of their decision??
    Not to mention all the free "protection" provided by the cops just being there.
    Definitely morons KFC . I wounder if bad guys will comply (I think we Know the answer ) . God Bless !

3. Quote Originally Posted by Ceicei View Post
    When I'm home or around town doing errands, then I usually carry my gun. I work four jobs (had to since my husband lost his job last year). One of the four will allow me to carry (at least it was in the policy the last time I read the employee handbook... I haven't read it recently, so I hope that policy hasn't changed). The other three jobs don't allow guns (although there were a few times I did carry at one of them in spite of their policy -- shhhh).

My church doesn't allow guns either, but I've carried several times there anyway.

I'm a female, so I hate carrying in my purse (although it is designed for that purpose). I prefer to carry with a IWB holster or a bodyband holster. (If I wear a dress, I carry my gun in a thigh holster.)

- Ceicei
    Good for you ! Sorry for you having to work so hard . You will be stronger after this when times get better ! God Bless !

4. Quote Originally Posted by lastofthebreed View Post
    My wife looks at me with a hint of bemusement, but she doesn't say anything about me carrying whenever I leave the house.

Just after I met her I carried her to the gun range with me and taught her the fundamentals of safe gun handling. She had never fired a gun before in her life and I even got her interested enough to try a round or two of skeet. I gave her a 9 shot 22 revolver for Christmas that year and told her to keep it loaded and in her nightstand. She pooh poohed the thought that she would ever need it, but did as I suggested. A few months later she awoke to find a stranger standing at the foot of her bed. She missed nine times but he vacated the premises so quickly he tore the door he had jimmied off the hinges.

Now she sleeps with it under the pillow.
    There you go! God Bless her resolve !!!

All the time while outside the house (except when at work).

If I'm wearing pants, I'm carrying.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

Carrying has become more and more part of my life, someday i'll bet my job permits it....

8. only when I am awake then it is on the night stand also close by when in the shower

I have stopped carrying at work, they are prohibited by company policy and i can't afford to get fired with all the movement i do its bound to print or show in a days work.

I carry pretty much every time i am out of the house and not going to work. While at work i carry my blade though which i can get away with as a "work" knife and my inferno pepper spray.

Its at an arms reach when sleeping as well, but i don't usually keep it on me if i am hanging around the home.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    My pistol leaves the nightstand when I leave the bed. It is either strapped to me, or at least in the room with me when I don't strap it on. When I leave the house, it is with me. Unless I'm going somewhere where it is illegal to carry, I have it. When I go to a GFZ, the pistol stays in my truck until I return.
    I am pretty much the same except I have two pistols with me. A .40 Ruger P4 and a concealable Ruger LCP. The LCP goes everywhere it is legal to carry. Sometimes the P4 stays in the vehicle safe. Ah well, to each their own!

If I am awake, then I am carrying.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast