How often do you carry? - Page 4

View Poll Results: Which of these describes the frequency with which you carry?

Voters
520. You may not vote on this poll
  • If I'm awake, I'm carrying, even at home

211 40.58%
  • Religiously whenever I leave the house

219 42.12%
  • Whenever I'm going to be in a high crime area

37 7.12%
  • Other

53 10.19%
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: How often do you carry?

shut gun on the wall and my pistol is on me . too many storys that is true , my neighbor had her lawn mower stolen from her while she was mowing her lawn.the guys were laughing as they ran up to her pushed her down and thew the lawn mower in the van. just saying that they probably would not have done that if she was armed,or at least it would have given her a fighting chance at keeping her property.
    Let every soul be subject unto the [U.S. Constitution.] For there is no [Constitution] but of God: the [Constitution] that be [is] ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the [Constitution], resisteth the ordinance of God:American Romans Ch.13v1-7 C.Baldwin

I'm retired, and at home I either have a gun in a pocket or holster or I have it nearby while reading or working. When I'm out, I'm always armed ... it just makes no sense not to exercise the right you've worked for ... I've spent hundreds of dollars on my CHL and subsequent classes, and thousands of dollars on my guns, ammo and related accessories ... why leave all that in a drawer? Better to have it along and not need it than to need it and not have it ... (I didn't make that up ...

Quote Originally Posted by krazyk View Post
    shut gun on the wall and my pistol is on me . too many storys that is true , my neighbor had her lawn mower stolen from her while she was mowing her lawn.the guys were laughing as they ran up to her pushed her down and thew the lawn mower in the van. just saying that they probably would not have done that if she was armed,or at least it would have given her a fighting chance at keeping her property.
    OMG, for a lawn mower? Now that's a sad commentary on the times. I hope your neighbor is okay!

Daily

Have it in the drawer next to me when @ home, and on my person when I go out the front door.

I carry ALL THE TIME. And let's be honest...sometimes we end up carrying where we legally are prohibited. For example, the Unversity near where I live has a no-gun policy, and, in fact, we are prohibited by law from carrying in school. Fine...but what do I do when I am simply driving across campus to get to the other side of town? I'm not about to detour around, so there ya go. I am basically a law-abiding citizen (or I would not have been granted a CCW), but the laws sometimes just dont make sense (I mean, GF Zones, come on! ). This is a personal call, of course. I do like Uncle Ted Nugent's response some time ago: "I have a God-given right to protect myself and my loved ones, and I don't need no stinkin' carry permit". Here's a provovative question we should all ask ourselves: If we believe that CC provides us and our loved ones the protection we need in the society we live in, are we all gonna stop carrying when the law (our new "president") says you can't any longer?
    Last edited by JJFlash; 02-02-2009 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CAPTAIN MIKE View Post
    Have it in the drawer next to me when @ home, and on my person when I go out the front door.
    About right.
    The Avatar is my Great-Great Grandaddy, CPL Samuel Francis Bondurant, Co. D, 4th Alabama, Law's Brigade, Benning's Division, 1st Corp, Army of Northern Virginia, shot through right thigh 2 JUL 1863.

my GF makes me lock the unloaded pistol in the case and put it in the closet away from the ammo. I had a hell of a time talking her into letting me keep them in the house. she believes self defense is a poor excuse to have a gun.

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by crazycathed View Post
    my GF makes me lock the unloaded pistol in the case and put it in the closet away from the ammo. I had a hell of a time talking her into letting me keep them in the house. she believes self defense is a poor excuse to have a gun.
    My wife was like that when we got married. Took a little while to get her to relax with a gun in the house. Then she found herself in two situations that made her nervous. Now her CCW application is in Tallahassee.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycathed View Post
    My wife and I knew a young lady years ago just like that. Never made much sense to me. I guess it would be o.k. if you could get the BG to wait until you got both the ammo and gun out and loaded the weapon before he attacks.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Everywhere, all the time. I once had a friend who was helping me to pick up a big screen tv at Sears , scoff at me for carrying a gun to go to Sears, so I told him "if you can answer one question correctly, I'll leave my gun at home", he said , 'ok', so I asked "when will it happen that I am mugged or car-jacked, what time and date" he looked at me, laughed, and said "I get your point".

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast