How often do you carry? - Page 6

View Poll Results: Which of these describes the frequency with which you carry?

Voters
520. You may not vote on this poll
  • If I'm awake, I'm carrying, even at home

211 40.58%
  • Religiously whenever I leave the house

219 42.12%
  • Whenever I'm going to be in a high crime area

37 7.12%
  • Other

53 10.19%
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: How often do you carry?

dont have to carry in our area is very safe but going out of the area i do just in case.but always have one ready just in case at home,if things change i would carry one.

Quote Originally Posted by spf159753 View Post
    How many times have you heard of a disgruntled employee shooting everyone???
    That is the irony behind the Post Office being a GFZ. Mailing a package could get you killed.

Right now, anywhere it's legal, I have it. Going into a gun free building, it stays in the car while I'm inside.

In the event that CCW would be banned, all bets are off, and the only place I wouldn't keep it on me would be in a building where I know there is a metal detector.

How often do i carry?

Its part of getting dressed for me. If i have pants on, i have a gun on. We have had several home invasions with the last few months several blocks away. A gun in the other room serves no purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by dsokoll View Post
    Its part of getting dressed for me. If i have pants on, i have a gun on. A gun in the other room serves no purpose.
    Ditto for me.
    "Don't be afraid to see what you see."
    Ronald Reagan

6. I have one near me in whichever room I'm in. When I go out of the house, I'm carrying. Except for work, where it is not allowed. I avoid GFZs like the plague.

We had a local KFC/Taco Bell that decided to become a GFZ and put up 'No Guns' stickers on the doors. I have not been there since, not even through the drive-thru. And neither have all the on-duty and off-duty cops that used to practically live there. I have to wonder how much money they have lost as a result of their decision??
    Not to mention all the free "protection" provided by the cops just being there.
    "The only thing necessary for the Triumph of Evil. is for Good Men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

When I'm home or around town doing errands, then I usually carry my gun. I work four jobs (had to since my husband lost his job last year). One of the four will allow me to carry (at least it was in the policy the last time I read the employee handbook... I haven't read it recently, so I hope that policy hasn't changed). The other three jobs don't allow guns (although there were a few times I did carry at one of them in spite of their policy -- shhhh).

My church doesn't allow guns either, but I've carried several times there anyway.

I'm a female, so I hate carrying in my purse (although it is designed for that purpose). I prefer to carry with a IWB holster or a bodyband holster. (If I wear a dress, I carry my gun in a thigh holster.)

- Ceicei

8. I don't think I can divide my life into safe and unsafe times. I've had a permit for 36 years and I've carried almost every day. Restricted areas? I don't go. When I travel I do so by car. I conceal well enough that no one with me knows I'm packing even though it is a 1911.

always and home at arms length never know

I haven't received my permit yet...on its way...when I'm home its with me all the time. When my permit comes...I will be armed all the time.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
    -- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon, 1942

I chose "other" since if I go across the road to my brother's house, i'm more likely to get hit by a car than to have to draw my weapon I would think. And he's usually tolerable so I don't think i'd have a reason to shoot my brother, but of course I do live in Kentucky

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast