How often do you carry? - Page 9

View Poll Results: Which of these describes the frequency with which you carry?

Voters
520. You may not vote on this poll
  • If I'm awake, I'm carrying, even at home

211 40.58%
  • Religiously whenever I leave the house

219 42.12%
  • Whenever I'm going to be in a high crime area

37 7.12%
  • Other

53 10.19%
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: How often do you carry?

1. Everyday and everywhere.....I live in one of the five most dangerous cities in America.

I carry only when legal. Can't carry at work, can't carry to church, can't carry on premises of daughter's day care, can't carry to Moe's (or any other establishment that serves alchohol). So, realistically, I only carry about 50% of the time. But when I legally can, I do.

I maintain that my status as a law-abiding citizen, even when no one knows, and believe that God will honor that.
    SC CWP
    NH non-res CWP
    NRA Member

I live in PA.

I leave my gun locked in my car when I drop my daughter off at daycare and reholster when I get back. Otherwise I always carry.

I don't carry when I mow my lawn. That's pretty much it.

My opinion is that if you own a gun and have a carry permit then you should require yourself to carry. It's a responsibility that you signed up for.

I carry whenever I can. I don't carry on campus, or at work so I leave it in the truck and reholster if I'm going somewhere after. But other than those locations, I am normally carrying.

I always try to carry one of my full size pistols when I leave the house. I got into the habit when I was a LEO and a Firearms Instructor. Now that I've retired, I still visualize the threat and prepare. When I'm home, something is usually within reach and most times something smaller in my pocket like a 38 snubby or a 380 of some sort. Even in shorts and t-shirt weather when concealing something large isn't easy, I still have my S&W Airlite Titanium 357 snubby or a 38 snubby Airweight in my pocket in a Kramer Pocket holster and 2 speed strip reloads. I practice with my little J-Frame S&W's regularly, and feel pretty confident with them. When going to Wally World or the Mall or someplace a little more public than the corner store or car wash, I usually have a Kimber CDP 3" or the full size CDP 5" with 2 spare mags. When traveling out of town and away for a day or two, I tend to focus on higher capacity, like a Glock 30 or 23 and a few spare mags in the car and at least one reload on me at all times. I live in a rather rural area away from the city and the burbs, but nowadays, you don't have to go to a "bad area" to find trouble.
    There's Something Goin' On Here, and it Ain't Funny!!!

I carry a whole lot more than I thought I would. It gets easier with time.

I like the first one... but I live in jersey so...at home & our private property for now.

I picked #1 as I carry a S&W Airweight most of the time in Galco or Uncle Mikes pocket holster. it's in my pocket all the time.

I would carry more often but there are too many places in where it is illegal to carry. I have been writing to elected officials in an effort to remedy this though. The People's Republic of South Carolina is realy a second amendment batleground state, although not quite as bad as NJ or CA.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    I would carry more often but there are too many places in where it is illegal to carry. I have been writing to elected officials in an effort to remedy this though. The People's Republic of South Carolina is realy a second amendment batleground state, although not quite as bad as NJ or CA.
    Not sure where you are, but even out here in Kalifornia, there isn't that many places you can't carry. Really, the only one that I have to try and remember in everyday life is the Post Office.

If a private business is posted no guns, I wouldn't go there anyway.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast