How often do you carry?

View Poll Results: Which of these describes the frequency with which you carry?

Voters
520. You may not vote on this poll
  • If I'm awake, I'm carrying, even at home

211 40.58%
  • Religiously whenever I leave the house

219 42.12%
  • Whenever I'm going to be in a high crime area

37 7.12%
  • Other

53 10.19%
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How often do you carry?

How often do you carry?

Just trying to get an idea of how often you guys carry on your persons.

P.S. I tried to change the last option, the one that says other, to infrequently, but can't figure out how. So if the frequency with which you carry is "infrequently or never," choose other.
    Last edited by tattedupboy; 01-11-2009 at 07:33 PM.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

That depends on what I have to do...
    Going around the corner for milk & bread, then home, most likely not.
    Going Downtown muder city for a Red Wing Game , Reluctantly, I usually do not. Going downtown to the hospital, absolutely. Even tho hospitals ar PFZ, Parking lot is ok.
    Semper Fi

If you have a Firearms Permit, CCP, whatever your state calls it, and you do not carry; that, in my opinion, is the same as registering to vote - then not voting. I have a permit - therefore I carry. It does not matter whether I am going to get gas for my truck, going to WalMart, or going out to eat. I did not get my permit as a "Sometimes" responsibility; because if anyone thinks that they will be able to pick the time and / or place that they may be required to use deadly force, - they are wrong. If or when it happens, it probably will not be when you think it.(Just my feelings)

wolfhunter Guest
    My pistol leaves the nightstand when I leave the bed. It is either strapped to me, or at least in the room with me when I don't strap it on. When I leave the house, it is with me. Unless I'm going somewhere where it is illegal to carry, I have it. When I go to a GFZ, the pistol stays in my truck until I return.

By the way, I choose option #2. For me, however, since I don't own a car, if I am going to a gun free zone (which is rare; there are very few GFZs here in the Hoosier State), I have to leave my gun at home.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Religiously whenever I leave the house. At home I have at least one in the room that I am in. If I have to go out side for some reason even though I do not leave the yard most of the time I have one with me. You do not know when you walk out side what you will run in to out there. If I leave the house to go anywhere, either by car or foot, I am armed. I never leave my home with out it. Unless something changes to make me clairvoyant that is the way I will always operate.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I carry even at home, just so when I am leaving to go some where it's on my person just like my pants.

Besides, Trouble Never Makes An Appointment
    JB
    "Active Member Of My Neighborhood Watch Pistol Team"
    Montana Gun Owners

I carry wherever I can.

I can't carry at work, but all most every wher else. After all it is concealed carry, right?

I have one within arms reach at all times. When I get up its part of dressing for the day. The only time it's not near me is when I have to go in somewhere it's not allowed. I'm not paranoid but you don't know who's around the corner or by your front door. Too many stories out there not to be prepared.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

I carry everywhere I can. The only time I don't carry, besides where it's prohibited by law, is when my old friend Arthur Itis visits my back when I'm at home. Then I have my pistol beside me on the table, arm of the couch, etc.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast