Why should we have concealed carry in the United States? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why should we have concealed carry in the United States?

1. Reason for ccw

I have greatest admiration for law enforcement and emergency services. I also accept I have to be responsible for certain things myself. I could never live with not being able to protect my family or another in harms way. That's why I need CCW.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganW99 View Post
    I know why, I respect ccw holders. My teacher said i need more reasons in my research paper. I have 8 more pages to go, and i need some help. I need more situations where ccw is good for citizens, ccw statistics, storys that i can quote you on, reasons why you carry, or just a good arguable stance on why ccw is a good thing. Its due in 3 weeks, so your input would greatly help me. Thanks for your help!
    Here's a few interesting facts. Interviews with criminals have revealed that they don't fear or

respect the police, but they are deathly afraid that Law Abiding concealed carriers are going to

show up at a crime scene, for a few real good reasons.

First, it's an interesting statistic that we are better shots than cops.

Second, we don't feel obliged to follow police procedure, and we will also cheat.

Third, we can, and do, pop unannounced, we can't be relied upon to keep a regular

set of appointed rounds, or follow a schedule, which they can plan around.

Fourth, the "hip shot" is becoming the new favorite target, as it not only successfully

incapacitates the BG, a dead center shot is in the jewels. Recoil will still send the shot

to CBM, the neck, or head.

Why should we have CC in the US ? To deter crime, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
    Here's a few interesting facts. Interviews with criminals have revealed that they don't fear or

respect the police, but they are deathly afraid that Law Abiding concealed carriers are going to

show up at a crime scene, for a few real good reasons.

First, it's an interesting statistic that we are better shots than cops.

Second, we don't feel obliged to follow police procedure, and we will also cheat.

Third, we can, and do, pop unannounced, we can't be relied upon to keep a regular

set of appointed rounds, or follow a schedule, which they can plan around.

Fourth, the "hip shot" is becoming the new favorite target, as it not only successfully

incapacitates the BG, a dead center shot is in the jewels. Recoil will still send the shot

to CBM, the neck, or head.

Why should we have CC in the US ? To deter crime, of course.
    First, don't leave an empty line after each sentence. It makes your post hard to read. Second, if criminals fear concealed carriers, why don't they fear armed law enforcement officers (LEOs)? You are taking a statement (from John Lott, I believe) out of context. Criminals, especially burglars, fear armed citizens (LEOs and non-LEOs). They don't fear unarmed ones.

Third, I have no clue what you mean by that you cheat. Fourth, your "hip shot" statement is based on folklore and old training practices. No modern training school teaches it, for good reason.

Fifth, as for your "Recoil will still send the shot to CBM, the neck, or head" statement, I guess you don't train much. You don't rely on your poor gun handling skills to hit your target. Sixth, you post contains a lot of jargons and acronyms without explanation. You think that the student you are replying to understands any of this?

I bet you're an lot of fun at a party. Does knowing everything ever give you a headache?

Hip shooting AFAIK, is an Ayoob technique. Many of these people who don't understand the acronyms and jargon

don't shoot or practice as much as we do, so THEY might have the occasional muzzle rise, might they not, genius?

And I'd be willing to bet they would rather google the occasional strange term, far more than to put up

with your mean-spirited, negative, crappy attitude.

You don't understand what cheating is. OK, do something which they would not expect a LEO to do.

Slash their tires, set fire to their car, use improvised weapons, use duct tape restraints on them once they are

defenseless, the possibilities are endless, when you are not fettered by the rules of LE.

Now, you can move on, although I DO realize that would require that you create some of your own posts,

and make some original answers of your own.

( instead of trolling on, and picking apart everybody else's forums posts)

6. Ah the ignorance of the newbies rears its ugly head..

I bet you're an lot of fun at a party. Does knowing everything ever give you a headache?)
    Yes I am a lot of fun.

No, I don't have headaches.

Hip shooting AFAIK, is an Ayoob technique. Many of these people who don't understand the acronyms and jargon

don't shoot or practice as much as we do, so THEY might have the occasional muzzle rise, might they not, genius?
    I know what hip shooting is and

I also know why it is outdated.

Do you?

Do you think that the OP you were

responding to knows that technique

or all the acronyms and jargon you used?

Is the topic of hip shooting

important to the paper the

OP is writing?

You were arguing that muzzle rise

is important to first shoot the lower torso,

then the center mass, and

then the head. Now you are arguing

that muzzle rise is for people that

don't shoot or practice as much.

What is it?

And I'd be willing to bet they would rather google the occasional strange term, far more than to put up

with your mean-spirited, negative, crappy attitude.
    The OP has a limited amount of time,

if you didn't get that. May be you shouldn't

make so crappy posts that requires a novice (the OP)

to Google the jargon you use.

You don't understand what cheating is. OK, do something which they would not expect a LEO to do.

Slash their tires, set fire to their car, use improvised weapons, use duct tape restraints on them once they are

defenseless, the possibilities are endless, when you are not fettered by the rules of LE.
    You clearly have no clue what you are talking about.

I guess you have never trained with a LEO.

Why would anyone slash tires or set fire to their car?

Using improvised weapons? Are you Jason Bourne?

LOL. Using duct tape restraints. LOL. A good LEO blowout kit

includes a small roll of duct tape. You think that

a LEO wouldn't use that duct tape for restraining

a person, if the LEO does not have better tools at hand? LOL.

Now, you can move on, although I DO realize that would require that you create some of your own posts,

and make some original answers of your own.

( instead of trolling on, and picking apart everybody else's forums posts)
    May be if you wouldn't post so much nonsense,

I wouldn't need to reply to it.

Please be aware that I formatted this

post so that you can read it properly.

Yanno, you're either stuck in a marriage to a harpy, with way too many kids, and you drink way too much coffee,

or you've never had a second date. Guess which way I'm leaning?

You'll feel better, though, I'm sure, after this month's edition of Swank arrives, and you get out to the range,

to cycle your bi-annual box of 9mm, through your cracked Hi-Point.

Because if you had half a life, you wouldn't be the miserable yutz you portray yourself to be, in every post.

Yanno, you're either stuck in a marriage to a harpy, with way too many kids, and you drink way too much coffee,

or you've never had a second date. Guess which way I'm leaning?

You'll feel better, though, I'm sure, after this month's edition of Swank arrives, and you get out to the range,

to cycle your bi-annual box of 9mm, through your cracked Hi-Point.

Because if you had half a life, you wouldn't be the miserable yutz you portray yourself to be, in every post.
    Right, I see you have no arguments and now resort to insults.

Most forum members that have been around for a while know that I carry a Glock 19, 26 and 20, depending on what I am doing. My annual handgun ammunition consumption is about 10,000 rounds.

Yanno, I know guys who actually have those glocks, and go through that much ammo a year.

Strange, none of them act like YOU. What's with the hostile, chained-up dog routine?

Back the truck up a second. YOU carry glocks, and you want to put down FNs

and Berettas?

OK kid, good luck with that, and don't blow your balls off...

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    First, don't leave an empty line after each sentence. It makes your post hard to read....
    Maybe he has a manual carriage return?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast