Why should we have concealed carry in the United States?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Why should we have concealed carry in the United States?

  1. Why should we have concealed carry in the United States?

    I know why, I respect ccw holders. My teacher said i need more reasons in my research paper. I have 8 more pages to go, and i need some help. I need more situations where ccw is good for citizens, ccw statistics, storys that i can quote you on, reasons why you carry, or just a good arguable stance on why ccw is a good thing. Its due in 3 weeks, so your input would greatly help me. Thanks for your help!

  2.   
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganW99 View Post
    I know why, I respect ccw holders. My teacher said i need more reasons in my research paper. I have 8 more pages to go, and i need some help. I need more situations where ccw is good for citizens, ccw statistics, storys that i can quote you on, reasons why you carry, or just a good arguable stance on why ccw is a good thing. Its due in 3 weeks, so your input would greatly help me. Thanks for your help!
    Go to www.gunfacts.info, www.guncite.com, crimeresearch.org, www.thetruthaboutguns.com/gun-facts, bearingarms.com/category/guns-saving-lives, and concealednation.org/guns-saving-lives. You will find lots of information and real life stories there.

    Now, realize that your question in the thread headline itself already suggests that you come from the gun control viewpoint and it already makes highly questionable assumptions. Let me ask you this then, why should we have Facebook in the United States? My question is as equally stupid as yours. So, you should ask yourself, why are you asking this question in the first place.

    Shouldn't be my question: Why do we have Facebook in the United States? The answer would be that the 1st Amendment guarantees the individual right to freedom of speech and the freedom of the press. Facebook is an online social media and social networking site that allows people to communicate and express/publish their opinions. The government has no right to restrict this activity. Facebook is a private company and therefore does have the right to restrict the activity of its users.

    Shouldn't be your question: Why do we have concealed carry in the United States? The answer would be that the 2nd Amendment guarantees the individual right to keep and bear arms. Concealed carry is a form of bearing arms, so is open carry by the way. The government should have no right to restrict this activity, but the people have given the government the authority to do so using carry permits and gun control laws for the sake of feeling safe. Benjamin Franklin once said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

    If you really are a student and not just the typical Internet troll that we see in this forum from time to time and if you have been asked to write a research paper about "Why should we have concealed carry in the United States?", then you should ask yourself why you have been asked to write this research paper in the first place.

    There are a lot of facts and content that one can put in an intelligently written research paper about the 2nd Amendment, its original intent and its current state alone. There are tons of stories of people carrying concealed or openly and defending their life or the lives of others. The links above provide a lot of information on both aspects.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    SC Lowcountry
    Posts
    1,550
    Is this thread title your thesis statement? If so, it's not clear, and shouldn't be phrased as a question.

    Are you trying to compare concealed versus open carry, or gun ownership itself?


    "Why we should have concealed carry."

    "Why we should not have concealed carry."

    "Why concealed carry is preferable to open carry."

    "Why open carry is preferable to concealed carry."

    "Why Americans should be able to carry any way they want."


    Pick a statement then provide your facts that support your statement. (No Wikipedia.)

    I'm surprised that your teacher allows forum chat to be included. You can't verify any stories you find in chat forums.

    But you knew all the above. Your teacher taught you how to do a research paper, right? :)

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    Is this thread title your thesis statement? If so, it's not clear, and shouldn't be phrased as a question.

    Are you trying to compare concealed versus open carry, or gun ownership itself?


    "Why we should have concealed carry."

    "Why we should not have concealed carry."

    "Why concealed carry is preferable to open carry."

    "Why open carry is preferable to concealed carry."

    "Why Americans should be able to carry any way they want."


    Pick a statement then provide your facts that support your statement. (No Wikipedia.)

    I'm surprised that your teacher allows forum chat to be included. You can't verify any stories you find in chat forums.

    But you knew all the above. Your teacher taught you how to do a research paper, right? :)
    The title is not my thesis statement. I have a thesis statement called a complelx thesis statement that is a paragraph long. We have to take an argueable subject and write a research paper on it. I have about 10 hours of research in the past week alone, so i have done my fair share of work on this paper already. I have a bunch of sources, and still adding more with annotations and notes. Back to the thesis statement, i am argueing why we should keep concealed carry laws in the United States. A law abiding citizen should be granted a permit to carry a conceald weapon- the focus of my paper. Im am trying to answer why is ccw important to us as citizens, why we should keep ccw in the U.S, and hiw ccw can help the "sheep" people. I have integrated the sheepdog concept into my paper, im just assuming that you kniw what that is. There is only so many FACTS that you can find, ive found a bunch. I need first hand storys of why you ccw, and has it ever saved your life or someone elses? I am allowed to use people as a source, there is thousands of people on this forum so i figured id ask. Does this clarify my question? Thanks for your input.

    Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

  6. Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Go to www.gunfacts.info, www.guncite.com, crimeresearch.org, www.thetruthaboutguns.com/gun-facts, bearingarms.com/category/guns-saving-lives, and concealednation.org/guns-saving-lives. You will find lots of information and real life stories there.

    Now, realize that your question in the thread headline itself already suggests that you come from the gun control viewpoint and it already makes highly questionable assumptions. Let me ask you this then, why should we have Facebook in the United States? My question is as equally stupid as yours. So, you should ask yourself, why are you asking this question in the first place.

    Shouldn't be my question: Why do we have Facebook in the United States? The answer would be that the 1st Amendment guarantees the individual right to freedom of speech and the freedom of the press. Facebook is an online social media and social networking site that allows people to communicate and express/publish their opinions. The government has no right to restrict this activity. Facebook is a private company and therefore does have the right to restrict the activity of its users.

    Shouldn't be your question: Why do we have concealed carry in the United States? The answer would be that the 2nd Amendment guarantees the individual right to keep and bear arms. Concealed carry is a form of bearing arms, so is open carry by the way. The government should have no right to restrict this activity, but the people have given the government the authority to do so using carry permits and gun control laws for the sake of feeling safe. Benjamin Franklin once said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

    If you really are a student and not just the typical Internet troll that we see in this forum from time to time and if you have been asked to write a research paper about "Why should we have concealed carry in the United States?", then you should ask yourself why you have been asked to write this research paper in the first place.

    There are a lot of facts and content that one can put in an intelligently written research paper about the 2nd Amendment, its original intent and its current state alone. There are tons of stories of people carrying concealed or openly and defending their life or the lives of others. The links above provide a lot of information on both aspects.
    I really am a student and not a troll. Im 17, and im trying to learn as much as i can about firearms and their laws. I started with the second amendment as why we have these laws, and why we should continue having these laws. I need a longer paper, im allowed to use people as a source, its an APA format paper, thats why i came to fourms. People know so much more than me, and i wanted to see if they could share their knolage. I like the comparison of facebook, can I use that? Thanks for your input.

    Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

  7. Check out the free videos here for more supporting information
    https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/education/

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganW99 View Post
    I really am a student and not a troll. Im 17, and im trying to learn as much as i can about firearms and their laws. I started with the second amendment as why we have these laws, and why we should continue having these laws. I need a longer paper, im allowed to use people as a source, its an APA format paper, thats why i came to fourms. People know so much more than me, and i wanted to see if they could share their knolage. I like the comparison of facebook, can I use that? Thanks for your input.

    Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Go ahead and use it. Check out the links in my post. They contain what you need, including facts and news stories that can be properly cited.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Go ahead and use it. Check out the links in my post. They contain what you need, including facts and news stories that can be properly cited.
    Ok thank you I will. Have a nice day.

    Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    SC Lowcountry
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganW99 View Post
    The title is not my thesis statement. I have a thesis statement called a complelx thesis statement that is a paragraph long. We have to take an argueable subject and write a research paper on it. I have about 10 hours of research in the past week alone, so i have done my fair share of work on this paper already. I have a bunch of sources, and still adding more with annotations and notes. Back to the thesis statement, i am argueing why we should keep concealed carry laws in the United States. A law abiding citizen should be granted a permit to carry a conceald weapon- the focus of my paper. Im am trying to answer why is ccw important to us as citizens, why we should keep ccw in the U.S, and hiw ccw can help the "sheep" people. I have integrated the sheepdog concept into my paper, im just assuming that you kniw what that is. There is only so many FACTS that you can find, ive found a bunch. I need first hand storys of why you ccw, and has it ever saved your life or someone elses? I am allowed to use people as a source, there is thousands of people on this forum so i figured id ask. Does this clarify my question? Thanks for your input.

    Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Thank you for the additional information.

    Just wanted to point out that there is also the view that a law-abiding citizen should be able to carry without being granted a permit by the government. Something to consider.

    Yes, I know about the sheepdog concept.

    First hand stories (note spelling) are fine. The problem with getting them from internet forums is that you have no way of knowing whether or not they are true.

  11. Reason for ccw

    I'm a NRA lifer, ccw holder, vet, hunter, shooter, husband, father and grandfather. Yep, I,m pushin 60. Without a doubt the 2nd amendment is the most important. I didn't apply for ccw until about 7 years ago. Here are some of the reasons why it is important. When bad things happen law enforce is not likely to be on the scene. All of these things happened in the decades before my ccw.
    When I stepped on a rattlesnake.
    When I drove past a house on fire and pulled out 4 year old.
    When we drove past two ladies in their 70's injured over side of the road and render assist and went after ems.
    When I walked out of the mall right into the roit in LA.
    I could go on but I think I made my point. I know I am responsible for my safety and those around me not law enforcement and the only time I used a gun was on the snake.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast