Nationwide Carry- Sign the Petition! - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nationwide Carry- Sign the Petition!

1. Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Really? From your link:

"Congress has already authorized US citizens the right to bear arms."

Congress did not authorize US citizens the right to bear arms. And here's a shocker for you, neither does the Constitution of the United States! The Constitution prohibits government from infringing upon the right to keep and bear arms. The Constitution protects the right that was preexisting to it. The very first sentence of your petition is a complete and utter FAIL!

The second sentence:
    "Therefore the current president, through executive action, should put in place an identification system which authorizes holders to carry a concealed firearm for self defense in all 50 states."

Really? Sure, let's enact a national registry of armed citizens. You bet! What do you want to next - make people show a Federal government issued identification document to vote? Oh, no, we couldn't do that because that would infringe upon the right of people to vote - even when they are not legal to vote in this country to begin with. Maybe make it a law that if you want to carry a gun you must wear a yellow badge on your chest? Look that one up.

I don't know who T.C. is who started this petition, but they should move to Seattle. They would be right at home with all the other liberal progressive morons there that want the Federal and state governments to control every aspect of their lives. You really want us to sign a petition that completely nullifies the 2nd Amendment in it's first two sentences? But I'll bet SR9's is one of the first signatures on it.
    Wow! Epic truth! I'm going to borrow this... (please!)..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I guess I should have read the petition to find out what an epic fail it is. There is only one signature on it, so it is safe to assume that this is the OP's product.

The OP just joined this forum and this is his/hers first post. What are the chances that the OP is not from TN and not a gun owner?

4. My vote goes to Troll...

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Oh, good. Yet another National Reciprocity thread. I was already worried when we fell to have only one. Let's discuss the same topic in as many threads as possible.

.......one of them is still active (excluding the trolling by a certain forum member):
    So, which is it, bofh? First you complain for having another nationwide reciprocity thread by being facetious when you said let's have as many "nationwide reciprocity" threads as possible to discuss, then you once again act like your so broken-hearted that the one that got closed that you act like is my fault so again, which is it? Make up your mind.

Nationwide Carry- Sign the Petition!

Quote Originally Posted by mikestone967 View Post
    My vote goes to Troll...

You know what pal, how's about you just take a long walk off a short pier? Now it all makes sense why you foolishly assumed and accused me over in the Does anyone conceal carry a full size pistol thread of starting a petition about this nonsense. You really are a tool, pal.

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    So, which is it, bofh? First you complain for having another nationwide reciprocity thread by being facetious when you said let's have as many "nationwide reciprocity" threads as possible to discuss, then you once again act like your so broken-hearted that the one that got closed that you act like is my fault so again, which is it? Make up your mind.
    You don't seem to understand sarcasm.

Nationwide Carry- Sign the Petition!

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    You don't seem to understand sarcasm.
    I know all about sarcasm buddy, don't be a smartarse, I'm just trying to figure out which part you're being sarcastic about because you seemed to be fairly butthurt and was pretty quick to blame me and only me about that other "2 year going" reciprocity thread that got closed due to the other half of the senseless and needless bickering that in my opinion had a lot to do with the thread getting shut down.

I can see where this discussion is likely going to end up and it will go there for the same reason as the other threads .....
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. - J. C. Watts

Yeah... with a post like that, I can see someone gearing up for another game of bickering and arguing.

Unfortunately there are many folks who do not understand that the Bill of Rights, including the 2nd Amendment that specifies the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, is NOT a list of things the government grants (gives) to "we the people" but really is a list of things "we the people" have decreed the government has no power to control.

Instead of begging the government for it's permission to bear arms across state lines with a petition "we the people" really need to demand the government honor the Bill of Rights 2nd Amendment that specifies the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed and get rid of all gun control laws.

History has shown that "we the people" are not made safer by gun control laws. For example, the city of Chicago with it's numerous extremely strict gun control laws has a horribly high crime rate along with an extremely disturbing death rate from criminals using guns to harm victims.

And yet, with high crime rates despite all the gun control laws on the books the government still cannot admit that gun control doesn't work. I submit that the only thing that actually works to make people safer is criminal control. Criminals, by definition, do not obey laws whether they be robbery, murder, or gun control laws yet an incarcerated or dead by capitol punishment criminal doesn't have access to innocent people they can victimize. Preventing the criminal access to people they can victimize prevents them from harming more victims while gun control laws only cause the criminal to commit yet another crime in order to get a gun so he can harm another victim.

As an aside:
    I also think it is sad that this discussion has already gone the way of other discussions with posts that detract from what could be a polite and informative discussion.

And, as in the other threads, folks can compare who's posts are filled with insults and ridicule towards others and make up their own minds as to why discussions become argumentative.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. - J. C. Watts

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast