Nationwide Carry- Sign the Petition! - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Nationwide Carry- Sign the Petition!

Let's try to keep this more civil please or we will have to close this topic yet again.

Found National Gun Forum to be lots more civil and friendly place to converse.

Eight years ago, IIRC, we all wanted a federally mandated health care program.

Remember how that one worked out?

Quote Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
    Eight years ago, IIRC, we all wanted a federally mandated health care program.

Remember how that one worked out?
    No, "we all" did not. Speak for yourself, please.

OK, Reba, I'll try again. 8 years ago, I, one person out of 300 million,

wanted a federally mandated health care program. Remember how that

one worked out?

Quote Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
    OK, Reba, I'll try again. 8 years ago, I, one person out of 300 million,

wanted a federally mandated health care program. Remember how that

one worked out?
    OK.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Really? From your link:

"Congress has already authorized US citizens the right to bear arms."

Congress did not authorize US citizens the right to bear arms. And here's a shocker for you, neither does the Constitution of the United States! The Constitution prohibits government from infringing upon the right to keep and bear arms. The Constitution protects the right that was preexisting to it. -snip-
    Well said NavyLCDR.

Governments, by their very nature, do not give or grant any kind of freedoms or rights. Governments only restrict freedoms and rights through laws that punish exercising freedom and rights without first having the government's permission to do so.

And the Bill of Rights was put into the Constitution by "we the people" as a safeguard against the government having the power to restrict freedoms and rights through laws that punish exercising freedom and rights without first having the government's permission to do so.

The sad thing is entirely too many members of "we the people" not only do not understand that basic concept and think it is a good thing for the government to have the power to restrict freedoms and rights.... as long as certain individuals can elevate themselves above the general population by gaining the government's permission to exercise a freedom or right those who don't have permission can't without being punished.... they actively help hand the government the power to enact even more restrictions through foolish schemes like national reciprocity.

The really sad thing is many of those individuals who help the government have more power to restrict more freedoms and rights actually believe they are striking a blow for .... rights.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. - J. C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by JBrown View Post
    This back and forth crap is one reason I don't spend much time here anymore. It just seems like all that goes on is back biting. I understand differences of opinion but the level of dissent is on the level of school children. Let's present our ideas and not stoop to name calling.
    I'm seeing the same thing. Thread after thread it's the same half dozen names.I had a link and info about how this relates to new enforcement of The Real ID Act beginning next year, but forget it.

10. Later!

Nationwide Carry- Sign the Petition!

Quote Originally Posted by mikestone967 View Post
    Later!
    Too bad it ain't you sayin' that to here.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast