Hip Hip Happy Concealed Carry day for me. - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hip Hip Happy Concealed Carry day for me.

Quote Originally Posted by stevew443 View Post
    My wife will be taking her concealed carry class this Saturday. She has no desire to get her permit and most likely will never carry, but since I have firearms in the house it is a good idea for my wife to get some training. I am hoping that she will enjoy shooting and then I will have a partner with whom to go to the range.
    I'm just curious why after going thru the class she wouldn't want the permit.

Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    Where is her purse (with gun) going to be while she's working?

I hope that you allow (eyes rolling) her some choice in this process.
    They get their own lockers with locks at the hospital.

One of my sister's friends at the hospital carries concealed, and this may have been what put the bug in her ear.

After I train my sister my way, and she becomes a good shot, with her pistol or revolver (handgun) of choice, she can of course do what she wants.

I know she will like the purse carry method however. She is a purse kind of girl, not a holster kind.

She will want a pink or baby blue gun -- she already mentioned this.

Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    They get their own lockers with locks at the hospital.

One of my sister's friends at the hospital carries concealed, and this may have been what put the bug in her ear.

After I train my sister my way, and she becomes a good shot, with her pistol or revolver (handgun) of choice, she can of course do what she wants.

I know she will like the purse carry method however. She is a purse kind of girl, not a holster kind.

She will want a pink or baby blue gun -- she already mentioned this.
    Your state allows guns in medical facilities?

Nothing wrong with pink--they shoot the same as black. One of my guns is Muddy Girl pink camo, and most of my shooting accessories have pink in them. :)

5. Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    I'm just curious why after going thru the class she wouldn't want the permit.
    She has never been around firearms at all in her life and this is an inexpensive way for her to get a basic introduction to handguns and will allow her to fire a few without having me hovering over her making her nervous. She may or may not decide that she likes shooting, but at least she will know more about what it takes to conceal carry. I carry everywhere I can and I want her to know what I am aware of and what the real time pressures of carrying are. Also, she will be more comfortable with the guns I have in the house and be more able to use one should the need arise. Since I work night shift, she is here alone 4 nights a week. My real motive is to get her to liking shooting so I can have a range partner, but that may not pan out. ;-)

She has never been around firearms at all in her life and this is an inexpensive way for her to get a basic introduction to handguns and will allow her to fire a few without having me hovering over her making her nervous. She may or may not decide that she likes shooting, but at least she will know more about what it takes to conceal carry. I carry everywhere I can and I want her to know what I am aware of and what the real time pressures of carrying are. Also, she will be more comfortable with the guns I have in the house and be more able to use one should the need arise. Since I work night shift, she is here alone 4 nights a week. My real motive is to get her to liking shooting so I can have a range partner, but that may not pan out. ;-)
    Thank you.

7. I told my wife that I think her younger sister was hot because she packs a gun.

I'm suppose to get out of the hospital later today, if I can find a ride home...

Recommended:

The website https://www.corneredcat.com or the book The Cornered Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    Your state allows guns in medical facilities?

Nothing wrong with pink--they shoot the same as black. One of my guns is Muddy Girl pink camo, and most of my shooting accessories have pink in them. :)
    Iron and steel are not pink. Some sapphires are though.

10. Quote Originally Posted by stevew443 View Post
    For what is is worth, my wife just completed her concealed carry class today and she is thrilled to have taken the class. She is now agreeable to going to the range with me to try out my pistols and we are considering saving up for a .22 caliber pistol for her to take target shooting (she fell in love with the .22 she was using in class). She will be filling out her application for her permit although she may never carry. At least she will have the option to carry should she ever decide she wants to. All in all she had a blast at the class and now I may just have found that my best friend for the past 45 years may be my new range partner.

For what is is worth, my wife just completed her concealed carry class today and she is thrilled to have taken the class. She is now agreeable to going to the range with me to try out my pistols and we are considering saving up for a .22 caliber pistol for her to take target shooting (she fell in love with the .22 she was using in class). She will be filling out her application for her permit although she may never carry. At least she will have the option to carry should she ever decide she wants to. All in all she had a blast at the class and now I may just have found that my best friend for the past 45 years may be my new range partner.
    Takes more than a license for a gun.

Takes extensive training, coaching, drill, and practice.

Otherwise she will just be wetting her panties during an actual confrontation.

Of course if she gets angry enough she can now likely shoot you.

That's all that you have really accomplished.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast