Hip Hip Happy Concealed Carry day for me. - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 71

Thread: Hip Hip Happy Concealed Carry day for me.

  1. Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    Takes more than a license for a gun.

    Takes extensive training, coaching, drill, and practice.

    Otherwise she will just be wetting her panties during an actual confrontation.

    Of course if she gets angry enough she can now likely shoot you.

    That's all that you have really accomplished.
    I have accomplished getting my wife interested in learning more and she is willing to go to the range with me for more training, drill and practice. That is why a having her as my range partner is such a good thing.

  2.   
  3. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    SC Lowcountry
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    Takes more than a license for a gun.

    Takes extensive training, coaching, drill, and practice.

    Otherwise she will just be wetting her panties during an actual confrontation.

    Of course if she gets angry enough she can now likely shoot you.

    That's all that you have really accomplished.
    Oh, please.

    Everyone has to start somewhere.

    You don't know the woman and you've judged her already.

    If she gets to enjoy her shooting range experiences at the beginning stages, she'll be more likely to continue with further training and practice.

    I doubt his best friend for the past 45 years is suddenly going to become enraged and shoot her husband just because she's learned how to use a gun.

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    SC Lowcountry
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by stevew443 View Post
    For what is is worth, my wife just completed her concealed carry class today and she is thrilled to have taken the class. She is now agreeable to going to the range with me to try out my pistols and we are considering saving up for a .22 caliber pistol for her to take target shooting (she fell in love with the .22 she was using in class). She will be filling out her application for her permit although she may never carry. At least she will have the option to carry should she ever decide she wants to. All in all she had a blast at the class and now I may just have found that my best friend for the past 45 years may be my new range partner.
    It's good she applies for the permit even if she doesn't yet plan to carry. In some places it takes a long time to process permits, so it's not something you can obtain on the spur of the moment. If she gets the permit, it will be ready when she wants/needs it without a delay.

  5. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    Oh, please.

    Everyone has to start somewhere.

    You don't know the woman and you've judged her already.

    If she gets to enjoy her shooting range experiences at the beginning stages, she'll be more likely to continue with further training and practice.

    I doubt his best friend for the past 45 years is suddenly going to become enraged and shoot her husband just because she's learned how to use a gun.
    Women murder men all the time.

    They use guns or poison.

    They do it for the insurance money or because they have a new lover or both.

    Teaching your spouse to shoot is a liability in my opinion.

  6. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    It's good she applies for the permit even if she doesn't yet plan to carry. In some places it takes a long time to process permits, so it's not something you can obtain on the spur of the moment. If she gets the permit, it will be ready when she wants/needs it without a delay.
    The permit has nothing to do with learning how to shoot and developing the mentality to actually do it.

  7. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by stevew443 View Post
    I have accomplished getting my wife interested in learning more and she is willing to go to the range with me for more training, drill and practice. That is why a having her as my range partner is such a good thing.
    If we see you on Justice Files or Cold Case Files we will know exactly what you actually accomplished.

  8. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    SC Lowcountry
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    Women murder men all the time.

    They use guns or poison.

    They do it for the insurance money or because they have a new lover or both.

    Teaching your spouse to shoot is a liability in my opinion.

  9. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    SC Lowcountry
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    The permit has nothing to do with learning how to shoot and developing the mentality to actually do it.

    Didn't say that it did. Merely addressing the inconvenience of the time it takes to administratively process a permit.

  10. #29
    Women murder men all the time, Dear Reba.

    You can laugh all you want.

  11. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post

    Teaching your spouse to shoot is a liability in my opinion.
    That might be the stoopidest concept posted here this year. Let's make the year a 12 month rolling year, it could be a winner in 2018 too.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast