Hip Hip Happy Concealed Carry day for me. - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hip Hip Happy Concealed Carry day for me.

Now that I am back in the world, there is no rank. I call people Soldier, Sailor, Marine, Guardsman, or Airman. They are all equal to me.

Occasionally I will call a colonel or general by their ranks, but only if I know about it, and only if they impress me. I have met a lot of high ranking brass that are paper tigers and merely military politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    Now that I am back in the world, there is no rank. I call people Soldier, Sailor, Marine, Guardsman, or Airman. They are all equal to me.

Occasionally I will call a colonel or general by their ranks, but only if I know about it, and if they impress me.
    It was just FYI. Even though I'm long retired there are some who still call me Chief. I usually refer to my fellow sailors as shipmates.

In the posting world, it's not necessary to use direct address at all, for that matter. Sometimes it's better that way--less potentially incendiary.

We are pretty sure that God(s) did not create the Earth in 6 days.

We are pretty sure it took 4 billion years.

I am not sure why Moses invented that whole story about the 6 days.

If each day equals 1 billion years then it makes sense. Otherwise it does not.

Remember the sun and moon were not created until the 3rd or 4th day. So what is a day anyway?

While I do not doubt at all the Moses existed and led the Hebrews out of Egypt, I don't know why he did not just start his story with his own birth as related to him by his Hebrew parents? That would have been much more factual.

Why did Moses have to come up with faerie tales about Adam, Eve, Cain, Abel, Abraham, etc.?? By so doing he has given the atheists a lot of ammo.
    "We" don't agree, and I'm not going to make this an off-topic rabbit trail. I was merely letting you know that I'm not a feminist and backing that up with supporting details.

So you became a tomboy.
    Nope. I was never called a tomboy. I was just a kid.

That still does not teach you how to kill. It teaches you to run with the boyz. But even the boyz need to be taught how to kill, although they tend to pick up that teaching much more readily and naturally than a woman would. More testosterone. Hunters, not gatherers. Not all men -- just most.
    I didn't run with the boys.

Men and women don't have to be natural born killers to carry guns.

It's called self defense, not self aggression, outside of wartime combat situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    Nope. I was never called a tomboy. I was just a kid.

I didn't run with the boys.

Men and women don't have to be natural born killers to carry guns.

It's called self defense, not self aggression, outside of wartime combat situations.
    Boys' bike.

Cap guns.

You were a tomboy.

"We" don't agree, and I'm not going to make this an off-topic rabbit trail. I was merely letting you know that I'm not a feminist and backing that up with supporting details.
    Well your "six days" comment warranted a rebuttal.

What is a day to God(s)? One billion years? If so then Moses was pretty close -- it was 4.5 billion years not 6 billion to create the Earth.

It was just FYI. Even though I'm long retired there are some who still call me Chief. I usually refer to my fellow sailors as shipmates.

In the posting world, it's not necessary to use direct address at all, for that matter. Sometimes it's better that way--less potentially incendiary.
    Soldier, Sailor, Guardsman, and Airman are all terms of respect.

And Marine is and has always been a term of pure worship.

:D

Boys' bike.

Cap guns.

You were a tomboy.
    You must have lived a very restricted childhood. You stereotype everything.

What did my dresses, Barbies and baby dolls make me?

I should have added that some of the things my practical parents got me as a child were gender-neutral or "boy's" version because I was the first born and my only sibling was a younger brother. He was the recipient of my hand-me-downs, at least during pre-teen years.

Yes, I had some "boy" toys but they often were "girly" color versions (like my pink gun stuff now).

Hard as it might be for you to comprehend, a female can enjoy some of the same stuff males do without giving up their femininity.

I feel sorry for the females in your life.

You must have lived a very restricted childhood. You stereotype everything.

What did my dresses, Barbies and baby dolls make me?

I should have added that some of the things my practical parents got me as a child were gender-neutral or "boy's" version because I was the first born and my only sibling was a younger brother. He was the recipient of my hand-me-downs, at least during pre-teen years.

Yes, I had some "boy" toys but they often were "girly" color versions (like my pink gun stuff now).

Hard as it might be for you to comprehend, a female can enjoy some of the same stuff males do without giving up their femininity.

I feel sorry for the females in your life.
    My sister is a tomboy too (like you) and she dresses like a boy.

She is also a surgery nurse.

11. This is fun.
    Using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast