Hip Hip Happy Concealed Carry day for me. - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Hip Hip Happy Concealed Carry day for me.

Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    Women murder men all the time.

They use guns or poison.

They do it for the insurance money or because they have a new lover or both.

Teaching your spouse to shoot is a liability in my opinion.
    Even mom's eventually reach the point they will kill their wanna-be Rambo living in their basement.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Even mom's eventually reach the point they will kill their wanna-be Rambo living in their basement.
    Lanza's mom unfortunately did not act in time.

In her case her little monster killed her.

That is similar to a wifey shooting her hubby except that it was retardo baby shooting his mom.

Ergo when you teach someone how to shoot you up the odds of that someone shooting you.

Well I for one do not think I have increased my wife's homicidal tendencies! My wife always asked me to move a gun or some ammunition. She was born and raised in Korea, where civilians do not keep guns in the home. She had no experience with guns. She was scared of them. twenty years or so ago three or four couples got around and did a little shooting and she got a loaded Ruger standard and place one hole in a paper plate, she was thrilled, but did not want to repeat it. Then about five years ago, she was having me move a particularly dangerous looking gun (Magazine out, slide locked back) and I asked if she would go to a beginners course taught by someone other than me. Yes she said. We took three different guns a SR-22, and then two 9 MMs, a Lionheart LH9 and a Springfield XDS. The grips on the Lionheart proved too aggressive for her so the XDS was the one she ended up with. (Later I had to file down the offending points on the Lionheart and put Talon Rubberized tape on the XDS) Any way they got her over the fear of ammunition, yes she did think it could just explode by looking at it crossways. Also she discovered it would not explode in the glaring sun. They got her semi comfortable, it just was a one day course and not enough for her. She did go to the Classroom for a Concealed Carry permit and it was for three States, Oregon, Utah, and Arizona. I sat there with her, but I already had a Oregon permit, so I just got the others. We got a couple of Memberships to Front Sight and went to Pahrump for a four day Defensive Handgun course followed by a one day CCP course for Nevada (We did some of the CCP classes during the four day. She would not shoot the first day, it wasn't till halfway through the second day that they coaxed her to fire. Wow she took off. She was slow, had great difficulty using the Lionheart's safety, but she was accurate, she paid attention!. She could rank everyone else's shooting ability because she was competitive. We have been back for the same course a couple more times and the rifle course twice. We have gone back for a 'Skill builders' course to build speed and will be back again this spring. She has switched to a G-17 for the range and is very happy with it. She now is very capable and safe.
    I wanted her to be ready for the time I am gone for good, you can make financial arrangements, but not security arrangements.

Oh and She could poison me any time, old Korean custom....and then there are the knives.

Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    My sister is a tomboy too (like you) and she dresses like a boy.
    I don't dress like a boy.

Is it that hard for you to accept that girls and women can have diverse interests without being labeled?

She is also a surgery nurse.
    Good for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandaz3 View Post
    Oh and She could poison me any time, old Korean custom....and then there are the knives.
    Women are not normally cutters. They'll cut themselves but cutting another is rare. Jodi Arias was the notable recent exception of course.

Poisoning is something everyone is vulnerable to.

If you want to make sure you are not poisoned, spoon your food out of a serving bowl and make sure your wifey takes a spoonful first for herself and starts eating it before you do. Even better, pretend you are Italian and do all the cooking yourself for both of you.

Pour all your own drinks from sealed containers, not open containers.

Watch out for antifreeze.

But now you also have being shot to worry about. It's not too late however. Don't buy her a gun. Lock up your gun safe at night. And sleep with your own handgun (pistol or revolver) stuffed into your own pillowcase. Get rid of your life insurance and don't cheat on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    I don't dress like a boy.

Is it that hard for you to accept that girls and women can have diverse interests without being labeled?

Good for her.
    I don't really give much of a ratz azz about either gender in particular nor their traditional cultural or adopted roles.

They can be traditional, unconventional, straight, queeer, bi, trans -- I don't care.

Since there is still nothing on this Earth that I cannot kill, everything is just a moving target for me.

That's what you really learn in boot camp -- or are supposed to learn.

Any you never forget it.

Well I for one do not think I have increased my wife's homicidal tendencies! My wife always asked me to move a gun or some ammunition. She was born and raised in Korea, where civilians do not keep guns in the home. She had no experience with guns. She was scared of them. twenty years or so ago three or four couples got around and did a little shooting and she got a loaded Ruger standard and place one hole in a paper plate, she was thrilled, but did not want to repeat it. Then about five years ago, she was having me move a particularly dangerous looking gun (Magazine out, slide locked back) and I asked if she would go to a beginners course taught by someone other than me. Yes she said. We took three different guns a SR-22, and then two 9 MMs, a Lionheart LH9 and a Springfield XDS. The grips on the Lionheart proved too aggressive for her so the XDS was the one she ended up with. (Later I had to file down the offending points on the Lionheart and put Talon Rubberized tape on the XDS) Any way they got her over the fear of ammunition, yes she did think it could just explode by looking at it crossways. Also she discovered it would not explode in the glaring sun. They got her semi comfortable, it just was a one day course and not enough for her. She did go to the Classroom for a Concealed Carry permit and it was for three States, Oregon, Utah, and Arizona. I sat there with her, but I already had a Oregon permit, so I just got the others. We got a couple of Memberships to Front Sight and went to Pahrump for a four day Defensive Handgun course followed by a one day CCP course for Nevada (We did some of the CCP classes during the four day. She would not shoot the first day, it wasn't till halfway through the second day that they coaxed her to fire. Wow she took off. She was slow, had great difficulty using the Lionheart's safety, but she was accurate, she paid attention!. She could rank everyone else's shooting ability because she was competitive. We have been back for the same course a couple more times and the rifle course twice. We have gone back for a 'Skill builders' course to build speed and will be back again this spring. She has switched to a G-17 for the range and is very happy with it. She now is very capable and safe.
    I wanted her to be ready for the time I am gone for good, you can make financial arrangements, but not security arrangements.
    According to most men, Japanese women are the most beautiful and desirable on this Earth.

Except Japanese men -- obviously because the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

So according to Japanese men, Korean women are the most beautiful.

However everyone knows that Korean women are the meanest women on this Earth too.

But Japanese men can handle them.

Be careful.

Well I for one do not think I have increased my wife's homicidal tendencies! . . . She now is very capable and safe.
    Thank you for sharing your story. :)

This is why you should have a son.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast