Hip Hip Happy Concealed Carry day for me.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hip Hip Happy Concealed Carry day for me.

Hip Hip Happy Concealed Carry day for me.

My wife has carried concealed before, but only while we were traveling. Today she asked me for my belly band to wear over her clothes (But under coat) and strapped on her G-42 and went shopping by herself. She came back beaming, she had shot no one, but had paid more attention to all around her. She has had her CCW for three years plus and this is the first time she carried solo on her own volition.

That is great! I have been trying to get my wife to get her permit for years now. She is not opposed to it, just doen't care one way or the other.
    "Lets Be Careful Out There!"

Ron

I pushed for a long time before she took the classes, then pushed to actually carry, I quit pushing a year or so ago. She is still talking about how easy it was to actually carry

That sounds great. I know my relatives are apathetic about carry, and shooting sports, at best.

It's always great to make a breakthrough.

My sister has expressed an interest in learning how to shoot and taking up concealed carry.

I was not pushing her. She came up with this idea on her own.

It may fall upon me to coach her. Her hubby does not own any guns and he knows applejack about shooting.

First we need to find her a sturdy purse with a large shoulder strap. She is not inclined to carry in a holster.

The purse needs a zippered compartment for the pistol. They make special purses like this. I think the ones with the compartment on top are best.

Then I'll need to teach her the safety rules. There are at least a dozen.

Then I'll teach her to draw and dry fire in front of the mirror. This will allow me to reiterate the safety rules to her.

Shooting range rules are artificial and they normally don't let you draw and shoot. You need to start out and finish benched at the range.

Finally we will start going to the indoor range.

And then she will be ready for our State's 4 hour class and submission of her CFP application to the State CID.

I am glad to see women taking up concealed carry. This is the only way to stop crimes against women.

It's the only way to stop crimes against everyone as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    My sister has expressed an interest in learning how to shoot and taking up concealed carry.
    That's good--in that order.

I was not pushing her. She came up with this idea on her own.

It may fall upon me to coach her. Her hubby does not own any guns and he knows applejack about shooting.
    She should find an impartial professional instructor. There are some ranges that provide classes especially for women.

First we need to find her a sturdy purse with a large shoulder strap. She is not inclined to carry in a holster.

The purse needs a zippered compartment for the pistol. They make special purses like this. I think the ones with the compartment on top are best.

Then I'll need to teach her the safety rules. There are at least a dozen.
    A purse is the last thing to worry about, if at all. Since she hasn't even learned safe handling, how to shoot, bought a gun or gotten a concealed carry permit, how do you know she won't like a holster?

Then I'll teach her to draw and dry fire in front of the mirror. This will allow me to reiterate the safety rules to her.

Shooting range rules are artificial and they normally don't let you draw and shoot. You need to start out and finish benched at the range.

Finally we will start going to the indoor range.

And then she will be ready for our State's 4 hour class and submission of her CFP application to the State CID.

I am glad to see women taking up concealed carry. This is the only way to stop crimes against women.

It's the only way to stop crimes against everyone as well.
    I sure hope this post was an attempt at facetious sarcasm and not real. All I read is what you want to do, not what your sister wants or needs.

You probably mean well but don't let your ego get in the way of your sister getting optimal training.

Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    That's good--in that order.

She should find an impartial professional instructor. There are some ranges that provide classes especially for women.

A purse is the last thing to worry about, if at all. Since she hasn't even learned safe handling, how to shoot, bought a gun or gotten a concealed carry permit, how do you know she won't like a holster?

I sure hope this post was an attempt at facetious sarcasm and not real. All I read is what you want to do, not what your sister wants or needs.

You probably mean well but don't let your ego get in the way of your sister getting optimal training.
    Well she is my beloved sister so naturally I care about her.

I won't turn her over to anybody else until I have taught her my way.

She works as a nurse and she has to change into scubs a lot so a gun-designed purse would be her best bet.

She does not strike me as a holster girl, no.

9. My wife will be taking her concealed carry class this Saturday. She has no desire to get her permit and most likely will never carry, but since I have firearms in the house it is a good idea for my wife to get some training. I am hoping that she will enjoy shooting and then I will have a partner with whom to go to the range.

Quote Originally Posted by stevew443 View Post
    My wife will be taking her concealed carry class this Saturday. She has no desire to get her permit and most likely will never carry, but since I have firearms in the house it is a good idea for my wife to get some training. I am hoping that she will enjoy shooting and then I will have a partner with whom to go to the range.
    I would not push anyone into anything they don't want to do.

My sister used to be anti gun and no guns in the house.

But crime is everywhere and murders are common in conjunction with car thefts.

Her hubby bought her a really nice SUV so now I think she is worried about being car jacked.

She has never shot a gun in her life however so she has no idea what that is like.

So with her we are talking about Square #1.

I am going to need to rent a 22 pistol for her, and a 22 revolver, and let her shoot those to start with, so that the recoil of a larger gun won't blow her away early on.

While I would never encourage anyone, I would never discourage them either. There are certain rare exceptions of course. But generally speaking, not.

Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    Well she is my beloved sister so naturally I care about her.

I won't turn her over to anybody else until I have taught her my way.

She works as a nurse and she has to change into scubs a lot so a gun-designed purse would be her best bet.

She does not strike me as a holster girl, no.
    Where is her purse (with gun) going to be while she's working?

I hope that you allow (eyes rolling) her some choice in this process.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast