How do you carry?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you carry?

How do you carry?

What is your preferred method to carry? Ankle holster, IWB, Shoulder holster, etc. I'm taking my CCW class in 5 weeks and will apply the next day. I'm 5'10" medium build and leaning towards the ankle holster. Need input... Thanks!

FYI... I now have a Glock 27 .40 S&W and a Taurus 606 2" .357 but may go with a Kahr or Kimber .45 ACP at a later date when I can afford it.

We had a thread on this very same topic last year. Here it is:

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/gener...lon-other.html

By the way, as for what kind of holster you should use, what kind of climate do you live in?

Also, I would not recommend an ankle holster for your primary carry gun; it is too far out of reach to get to easily.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

I carry IWB with nylon holster. Right now during the week going and coming from work I'm using a DeSantis "pocket" holster (outside pocket) in my jacket. When I'm in the mood to OCW I have my Fobus for my HiPoint C9.
    For your class, I believe You need an OCW holster, right? I don't think They will allow You to do any course using an Ankle holster (can someone confirm on that one please?). At first NO, any classes/course after that MAYBE. Down the line You are going to be buying different ones for different guns, weather, where You're going; clothing You're going to be wearing, etc.
    Good luck with your Class and don't be shy on taking anymore (classes/courses)! Oh, and WELCOME to the forum.
    Last edited by sambo42xa; 01-14-2009 at 12:38 PM. Reason: spelled "do" instead of "don't".
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

Quote Originally Posted by sambo42xa View Post
    I carry IWB with nylon holster. Right now during the week going and coming from work I'm using a DeSantis "pocket" holster (outside pocket) in my jacket. When I'm in the mood to OCW I have my Fobus for my HiPoint C9.
    For your class, I believe You need an OCW holster, right? I don't think They will allow You to do any course using an Ankle holster (can someone confirm on that one please?). At first NO, any classes/course after that MAYBE. Down the line You are going to be buying different ones for different guns, weather, where You're going; clothing You're going to be wearing, etc.
    Good luck with your Class and don't be shy on taking anymore (classes/courses)! Oh, and WELCOME to the forum.
    What does OCW mean? You didn't really mean OWB, did you?
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Duuuuuh, I think I had in my head OCW- Open Carry Wasteband for whatever THAT means. Funny thing, now that You mention it, I may have used the same thing in another posting/s on here somewhere!!
    Don't mind me, I'm still learning my alphabet (did I spell it right??). (j/k)
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

OWB holster or a leather vest or in hot weather sometimes a fanny pack.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

TT Gunleather reinforced IWB. Condition Glock.
    "It was worth it all, for the Great Warrior"

Most of the time i carry my glock 23C or beretta px4 sc in a IWB at 4 oclock with an unbuttoned overshirt. If im not gonna be sitting around too much i carry the glock in a IWB on my front waist, this method only requires a t-shirt to be completely concealed. If im driving or gonna be sitting for any amount of time i prefer my shoulder rig with the glock.
    I would also not recommend an ankle holster for your primary, if you need it quick youll never get to it, plus their not all the stable, not to mention your gun will be closer to dirt and grime.

What about the Smart Carry system? Also called Thunderware I think.

I have a friend that has a smart carry, he loves it he carries a Kimber 45. I use a crossbreed super tuck and carry a glock 27 and carry at about 4 o'clock strong side. With or with out my shirt tucked in I get little to no printing, most printing happens when I bend way over and even then you would really have to be looking to tell.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast