Conceal Carry and Public Restrooms
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Conceal Carry and Public Restrooms

1. Conceal Carry and Public Restrooms

Hey All,
    I am new to the site and new to Conceal Carrying. I am looking for Tips and advice. I work in an office building and use the restrooms shared on my floor. I needed to use the stall the other day for the first time since carrying. I carry IWB at 4 O'Clock. I found it a bit awkward. I was prepared for the weight of the gun, but not once my pants were down. Most stall partitions do not go all the way to the floor and was worried someone might see. I had to fumble a lot to get it right and covered. No one was in there besides me, however I can see if someone was, or in the next stall it could become visible. I know this may sound like a strange question but it has to be a common occurrence. Thoughts anyone...?

-Pete

I strap my gunbelt on with a separate belt from the one that keeps my trousers up. I also wear suspenders.

I do need a hanger inside the stall to hang the gunbelt on however. I can sometimes improvise a hanger though.

Unless you're dropping your drawers to the floor or have exceptionally short stall doors, no one should be able to see anything without going out of their way to look. If that happens, you got more than a gun to worry about.

I'm not a guy, so I'll let those who are give you their practical tips, other than whatever you do, don't leave your gun behind in the stall, and don't hang it by the trigger guard on the stall coat hook.

Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    don't leave your gun behind in the stall
    Oak Harbor police chief who lost gun in public bathroom resigns | KIRO-TV
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Sadly, he's not the only one who's done that.

Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    Unless you're dropping your drawers to the floor or have exceptionally short stall doors, no one should be able to see anything without going out of their way to look. If that happens, you got more than a gun to worry about.

I'm not a guy, so I'll let those who are give you their practical tips, other than whatever you do, don't leave your gun behind in the stall, and don't hang it by the trigger guard on the stall coat hook.
    Guns are heavy and they make the trouser drop all the way to the floor, if still on the belt.

That's why I use a separate gun belt for my gun holster.

Everyone is forgetful to a certain extent.

Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    Guns are heavy and they make the trouser drop all the way to the floor, if still on the belt.
    That's just plain nasty.

That's why I use a separate gun belt for my gun holster.
    OK.

Some holsters clip onto a belt. These are very convenient to remove, however it is also possible for them to fall off at the worst time, such as when you are running.

The better holsters have belt slits cut into them. But weaving them into the belt on your trouser is a really bad idea, especially when you need to go to the can.

The best solution is a separate belt for the holster. That way it is easy to take off without your trousers dropping on you.

Utilikilts

I'm just sayin'.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast