Man Accidentally Shoots Toilet After Gun in His Pants Goes Off
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man Accidentally Shoots Toilet After Gun in His Pants Goes Off

Not sure what he was carrying but most DBL action revolvers and autos do not as a rule go off when droped.

FOXNEWS.COM HOME > U.S.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

E-Mail Print Share:

CENTERVILLE, Utah — The man escaped with a few cuts to his arm, but the toilet made out much worse.

Police say a man's gun fell out of its holster while he pulled up his pants after using the bathroom at a Carl's Jr. restaurant Tuesday. The gun fired when it hit the floor and shattered the commode.

A few shards of porcelain cut the man's arm, and a woman in an adjacent restroom who was frightened by the noise reported she was having chest pain. Both people were checked at the scene and released.

Police say they confiscated the 26-year-old man's firearm while they review the incident. The man had a concealed weapons permit. No charges are being filed.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

He's just lucky that his negligence didn't result in anyone getting killed. If his license doesn't get revoked, I bet this will serve as a wakeup call for him.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

It would be nice to know what type of firearm and holster he was using.
    "It was worth it all, for the Great Warrior"

My guess is that the holster didn't have a retention device and the gun was probably modified or improperly holstered.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

This is why I have always worn this: Holsters UnderCoverComfort Performance Apparels as you never have to worry about your gun even in its holster hitting the floor.
    JB
    "Active Member Of My Neighborhood Watch Pistol Team"
    Montana Gun Owners

These types of accidents (irresponsible gun owners) gives the anti's more ammunition to promote their cause.

8. Quote Originally Posted by JBinMontana View Post
    This is why I have always worn this: Holsters UnderCoverComfort Performance Apparels as you never have to worry about your gun even in its holster hitting the floor.
    I got one of those for Christmas and love it. It conceals my Taurus revolver just fine, but unfortunately the Baby Eagle's grip sticks out a bit unless I'm wearing really baggy clothing.

Chalk one more reason up, as to why unless you are carrying a cashbag to the bank, you might want to reconsider having one in the chamber. BTW, I carry with a chambered round.

10. I'd rather he'd taken it out with its holster and put it on his pants. Much easier to pull your pants up that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Glockster20 View Post
    These types of accidents (irresponsible gun owners) gives the anti's more ammunition to promote their cause.
    Agreed.
    I live in Texas now. However, I was born and raised in Jacksonville, Ala. I miss it sometimes. The people in Tx are great but the ones in Bama are really great.

I just got my first Glock for Christmas (33 for me, 26 for Wifey) I love 'em. Still getting used to them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast