When local business post no weapons - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 90

Thread: When local business post no weapons

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Gondor
    Posts
    1,897
    Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    Here are my rules for public carry(ing) of firearms.

    1 - either you carry all the time or you carry none of the time.
    I have to admit I agree with this
    In an emergency individuals do not rise to the occasion, they fall to the level of their MASTERED training
    Barrett Tillman

  2.   
  3. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
    I have to admit I agree with this
    Thank you.

  4. #13
    Gun rights trump property rights every time.

    Always carry, never tell.

    The first rule of a gun fight is to have a gun.

  5. #14

    When local business post no weapons

    Just as I stated in the last thread regarding these goofy "robbers welcome" signs, I carry anyway. That's where the beauty of concealed carry comes in. They don't hold the weight of the law here in Oklahoma other than the possibility of a trespassing charge, if you get caught carrying, they mean nothing to me and I ain't gonna go out of my way to search for a gun-friendly store somewhere else. That's bullish!t. Kudos to all of you I guess that do and even wastefully spend your time to inform the the owner of your opposition who does not care about your stance in the first place.

    About that whole "disrespecting of rights" nonsense, if these people ain't gonna take measures to make sure ALL guns stay out of their store, then they deserve to have their sign disrespected. Simple as that.

    Airline terminals and most of your courthouses use metal detectors and such to keep guns out so, they can follow suit as well if they are that serious enough to ban guns. Disarming the good people is not the answer. Robbers, thugs and the real criminals are going to carry in there just despite the sign and do their crime. If they are going to ban carrying on their premises, ENFORCE THE BAN to all. The defensive carrier wouldn't have a reason to carry past the sign at all if the reason he/she carried for in the first place was kept out.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Genasi View Post
    Gun rights trump property rights every time.

    Always carry, never tell.

    The first rule of a gun fight is to have a gun.
    Except that you have no right to be on others' private property.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  7. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Except that you have no right to be on others' private property.
    I agree with Genasi.

    I disagree with NavyLCDR.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    I agree with Genasi.

    I disagree with NavyLCDR.
    That's fine. When the person in control of the private property such as the manager of the WalMart Store tells you to leave, then refuse and see where it gets you. Especially when the manager reports to the police that you are armed and refusing to leave. You'll be exercising your rights in handcuffs as the police escort you to the exit. Refuse to leave my private property when I tell you to leave and you'll be lucky if the only metal attached to your body is handcuffs.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  9. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    That's fine. When the person in control of the private property such as the manager of the WalMart Store tells you to leave, then refuse and see where it gets you. Especially when the manager reports to the police that you are armed and refusing to leave. You'll be exercising your rights in handcuffs as the police escort you to the exit. Refuse to leave my private property when I tell you to leave and you'll be lucky if the only metal attached to your body is handcuffs.
    Another straw man. Jeeze you are good at straw men.

    I am not suggesting you should refuse to leave when told to.

    I am saying that with a concealed firearm that is properly concealed, nobody is ever going to know.

  10. My "gun" is MY PROPERTY.... and me having it on my person cannot ever possibly infringe on someone elses "property rights" as it does them no harm being on my person... If you want to champion "property rights" by excluding mine while including someone elses, YOU HAVE UTTERLY FAILED THE LOGIC TEST and have no valid argument. Carry ALWAYS and EVERYWHERE there arent armed guards and metal detectors (and avoid those places as much as humanly possible)

  11. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchetman View Post
    My "gun" is MY PROPERTY.... and me having it on my person cannot ever possibly infringe on someone elses "property rights" as it does them no harm being on my person... If you want to champion "property rights" by excluding mine while including someone elses, YOU HAVE UTTERLY FAILED THE LOGIC TEST and have no valid argument. Carry ALWAYS and EVERYWHERE there arent armed guards and metal detectors (and avoid those places as much as humanly possible)
    I agree completely.

    Part of the reason why this is true is because your life is fragile and once it is gone for whatever reason it is gone.

    You can sit around Heaven or Hell discussing how and why you lost it, but whatever you say there I think the others are still going to laugh at you.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast