When To Pull and or Shoot - Page 13
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 151

Thread: When To Pull and or Shoot

  1. #121
    I normally keep a good distance between myself and all others.

    And if someone comes too close I move.

    Like Bruce Lee (RIP) said, distance interval is your most critical factor in combat.

    Most people are too lax about safe distance intervals.

  2.   
  3. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    You can look around for witnesses as you asses the treat level of the location in your situational awareness survey before anything actually develops. This is something everybody is supposed to do them second they step out of their house or car and before they enter anyplace.

    For instance, in a biker bar, with lots of bikers and their friends, you would probably not stand a chance of getting a friendly witness there.

    I guess you would simply have to shoot all of them.
    Your sarcasm (at least I hope it is sarcasm) on the bold portion is quite rich.

    I agree that your situational awareness should take in potential witnesses. Situational awareness was not inferred in your earlier comment.

  4. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by RJT CCW View Post
    Your sarcasm (at least I hope it is sarcasm) on the bold portion is quite rich.

    I agree that your situational awareness should take in potential witnesses. Situational awareness was not inferred in your earlier comment.
    Irony and wit, more like.

    You will never find a friendly witness in a biker bar.

  5. #124
    Biker bars are places where you will find guys and gals looking for a fight.

    Even if you go all the way over to the far end of the bar alone, somebody will traipse up to you and pick a fight.

    And all his/her friends will be watching.

    Best thing is finish your drink and leave.

    If/when they follow you to the parking lot, you may end up having no choice but to shoot them.

    If their friends then draw on you, as they likely will, you will have no choice but to shoot them also.

    Fortunately there is case law to the effect that being outnumbered by assailants is a valid reason for shooting them.

    Even so, I hope your bike is fast and hard to catch, like the European or Japanese motorcycles, and not slow and loud, like the American ones.

  6. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    Biker bars are places where you will find guys and gals looking for a fight.

    Even if you go all the way over to the far end of the bar alone, somebody will traipse up to you and pick a fight.

    And all his/her friends will be watching.

    Best thing is finish your drink and leave.

    If/when they follow you to the parking lot, you may end up having no choice but to shoot them.

    If their friends then draw on you, as they likely will, you will have no choice but to shoot them also.

    Fortunately there is case law to the effect that being outnumbered by assailants is a valid reason for shooting them.

    Even so, I hope your bike is fast and hard to catch, like the European or Japanese motorcycles, and not slow and loud, like the American ones.
    So, why are you in the Biker Bar in the first place? What happened to your situational awareness?

  7. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by RJT CCW View Post
    So, why are you in the Biker Bar in the first place? What happened to your situational awareness?
    It might be the only bar on the road, and the only place you can get a cold beer for the road.

    But generally, I agree with you, better NOT to go into the biker bar at all.

  8. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    It might be the only bar on the road, and the only place you can get a cold beer for the road.

    But generally, I agree with you, better NOT to go into the biker bar at all.
    I get the part that it might be the only bar on the road. Two things that bother me personally, carrying and drinking and driving and drinking. Just say'n, not good combinations.

  9. #128
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Gondor
    Posts
    1,897
    When things have gone so far South that justifying your actions to a jury of your peers is the secondary concern it's time to pull and shoot
    In an emergency individuals do not rise to the occasion, they fall to the level of their MASTERED training
    Barrett Tillman

  10. #129
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    SC Lowcountry
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by RJT CCW View Post
    I get the part that it might be the only bar on the road. Two things that bother me personally, carrying and drinking and driving and drinking. Just say'n, not good combinations.
    Someone has to be pretty desperate for a beer to intrude on a biker bar, especially if it's a 1% club. If some unknown entity drives up in a cage or rides up on a rice burner, they probably won't get past the enforcer at the door. If it's a more generic "biker bar" they might do OK if they stay cool, get in and get out.

    As for shooting it up, don't forget probably every one of those bikers in there is loaded for bear, one way or another.

    Otherwise, settle for a Coke at the nearest convenience store.

  11. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    Someone has to be pretty desperate for a beer to intrude on a biker bar, especially if it's a 1% club. If some unknown entity drives up in a cage or rides up on a rice burner, they probably won't get past the enforcer at the door. If it's a more generic "biker bar" they might do OK if they stay cool, get in and get out.

    As for shooting it up, don't forget probably every one of those bikers in there is loaded for bear, one way or another.

    Otherwise, settle for a Coke at the nearest convenience store.
    Get in and get out -- best strategy !!!

    Yes.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast