Lethal vs. Less Lethal ammo for self defense - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lethal vs. Less Lethal ammo for self defense

1. Quote Originally Posted by badchad250 View Post
    Hmm may be the case here also but I don't think so I'm from ohio.
    If you have a permit you can carry your gun into a bar as long as you are not drinking alcohol yourself.

Lawriter - ORC - 2923.121 Possession of firearm in beer liquor permit premises - prohibition, exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBook View Post
    If you have a permit you can carry your gun into a bar as long as you are not drinking alcohol yourself.

Lawriter - ORC - 2923.121 Possession of firearm in beer liquor permit premises - prohibition, exceptions.
    That is also ridiculously excessive.

One drink never hurt anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by badchad250 View Post
    Hmm may be the case here also but I don't think so I'm from ohio

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk
    Ohio is a moderate and swing state.

It is not radically far left like California and NYS nor radically far right like Texas and Montana.

All the other states are somewhere in between.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBook View Post
    The prosecutor will argue that you're only allowed to draw a firearm if you feel your life is in danger, and that your less-than-lethal ammunition proves you didn't feel your life was in danger thus your drawing a firearm is unlawful. He'd be right, and you'de be convicted.
    Not really. Carrying less-than-lethal ammunition doesn't mean your life isn't in danger when someone is shooting at you, for example. That prosecutor would make a fool out of himself/herself by using such an argument. If carrying less-than-lethal ammunition comes into play in court at all, it means that it is a borderline case or an outright bad shot.

The actual danger of carrying less-than-lethal ammunition is that the carrier convinces himself that it is OK to shoot someone with it without having the justification for using lethal force in the first place. This is the same problem with warning shots or shooting to wound. Legally you are fine if you can argue the legal justification to shoot and kill the threat anyway.

Another actual danger of carrying less-than-lethal ammunition is that it might not stop a lethal threat, i.e., the carrier dies. This also is is the same problem with warning shots or shooting to wound.

Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    . . .

One drink never hurt anybody.
    You don't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    You don't know that.
    it is not possible for any sized person male or female over the age of 21 to feel the effects of only 1 drink.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    it is not possible for any sized person male or female over the age of 21 to feel the effects of only 1 drink.
    You must be PWI.
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

I can dispute that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    You must be PWI.
    Which meaning of PWI?

What does PWI stand for?

Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    I can dispute that statement.
    How amusing, Ma'am.

I love the sweet bouquet of alcohol on women's and ladies' breaths.

But one drink cannot possibly affect your aim or your judgment that much.

It would take at least 2 if not 3.

For me it takes 7 -- preferably tequila -- most preferably smoky tequila aka mescal.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast