Lethal vs. Less Lethal ammo for self defense - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lethal vs. Less Lethal ammo for self defense

Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    How amusing, Ma'am.

I love the sweet bouquet of alcohol on women's and ladies' breaths.

But one drink cannot possibly affect your aim or your judgment that much.

It would take at least 2 if not 3.

For me it takes 7 -- preferably tequila -- most preferably smoky tequila aka mescal.
    I don't lie.

I know what my capacity was in the days before I quit drinking for good. I also saw alcohol's effects on other women who were with me. Sometimes it took only one drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    I don't lie.

I know what my capacity was in the days before I quit drinking for good. I also saw alcohol's effects on other women who were with me. Sometimes it took only one drink.
    Alcohol releases the inner child and the honest person.

People on alcohol do not lie. And they do not hide their real persona inside either.

I have seen mean girlies on liquor and romantic girlies on liquor. They all amuse me very much. I love them all, even the meanies.

However a sober mean woman is a disaster to herself and to the Earth.

Vodka and lemon is a good drink for the ladies (and women) [the difference being etymologically that ladies are "unmarried bread bakers" while women are "married ladies"].

A little bit of libation once a week or so is good for the soul -- and body.

And nothing about the World (here having the meaning of the population of the Earth) changes on one drink -- you still need to be able to draw quickly and shoot straight.

That's also why I always recommend a leather zippered purse with a thick long shoulder strap for females (humans) carrying concealed -- this way she can grip her handgun inside her purse and remain concealed until needed.

Alcohol releases the inner child and the honest person.
    Alcohol is a depressant.

People on alcohol do not lie.
    Now I know you're joking. One of the biggest lies they tell is about how much alcohol they've consumed.

And they do not hide their real persona inside either.
    Not always a good thing, especially in abusive relationships.

I have seen mean girlies on liquor and romantic girlies on liquor. They all amuse me very much. I love them all, even the meanies.
    That's your personal preference. It has nothing to do with how much alcohol it might take to influence a person carrying a weapon. That's individual capacity under varied circumstances.

However a sober mean woman is a disaster to herself and to the Earth.
    That relates to the topic how?

Vodka and lemon is a good drink for the ladies (and women) [the difference being etymologically that ladies are "unmarried bread bakers" while women are "married ladies"].
    Topic?

A little bit of libation once a week or so is good for the soul -- and body.
    Topic?

And nothing about the World (here having the meaning of the population of the Earth) changes on one drink -- you still need to be able to draw quickly and shoot straight.

That's also why I always recommend a leather zippered purse with a thick long shoulder strap for females (humans) carrying concealed -- this way she can grip her handgun inside her purse and remain concealed until needed.
    That's your opinion. Of course, what do I know. I'm only a woman.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    Alcohol is a depressant.

Now I know you're joking. One of the biggest lies they tell is about how much alcohol they've consumed.

That's your personal preference. It has nothing to do with how much alcohol it might take to influence a person carrying a weapon. That's individual capacity under varied circumstances.

Topic?

Topic?

Lol actually all of its off topic

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    Alcohol is a depressant.

Topic?

Topic?

I would love to be in an abusive relationship with a woman abusing me.

As long as she does it slow so that I can enjoy it more it would be Heaven.

7. Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    I would love to be in an abusive relationship with a woman abusing me.

As long as she does it slow so that I can enjoy it more it would be Heaven.
    Lol they probably have a dating app for that lmao.... have fun

Quote Originally Posted by badchad250 View Post
    Lol they probably have a dating app for that lmao.... have fun

Beware the Internet.

The best place to meet females (ladies and women) is at church or at a bar or pub.

And even then, they and you always need to be armed.

My pistol goes under the pillow. Their pistol stays in their purse which they put next to the bed.

I win.

All ammo is lethal. No training required, simply common sense. Hollow Point ammo is most recommended for personal defense.
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

That is also ridiculously excessive.

One drink never hurt anybody.
    Judgment is tricky and it is the issue in court. Even just one drink has some, however minuscule, effect on one's judgment, which is how "just one" sometimes turns into "how did I end up here?"
    As a result, if you find yourself in court defending your use of a firearm and there was any alcohol or other substance in your system, your testimony will be tarnished. Your only real defense will be the testimony of the other witnesses, whose testimony will also be tarnished and possibly contradictory to your statement of the facts.
    It isn't just a matter of whether it was a justified shoot. The jury will be asked to determine whether you had other options before the first shot and whether your state of mind and behavior contributed to the escalation. That one drink will weigh heavily in their minds.
    Have a coke.

It might be an interesting activity to get a few very good friends (at least 2 shooter/drinkers and an equal number of designated drivers/observers) together and drive out to the desert with some adult beverages, as well as non-alcoholic bevvies for the designated driver(s) and observer(s). In advance plan some scenarios and set up some targets for the experiment. Do some control scenarios stone-cold sober demonstrating baseline skills at 1) marksmanship and 2) judgmental decision making (both appropriate and timely). After each set take a 15 minute break and have a beer, then repeat with varied scenarios. 4 beers would give a good time frame and BAH level and not take too long. If the whole exercise were videotaped and narrated it might make a really fascinating YouTube. I would recommend only taking a limited supply of bevvies in order to ensure that things don't go too far south after the experiment.

Disclaimer: While not a teetotaler, I don't consume a 6-pack in a year. I have absolutely no experience making decisions, shooting, or driving after even one drink. My only comparable experience is post-surgery conversations during which my hospital visitors tell me I am funny, but not too sharp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by McQz View Post
    As a result, if you find yourself in court defending your use of a firearm and there was any alcohol or other substance in your system, your testimony will be tarnished. Your only real defense will be the testimony of the other witnesses, whose testimony will also be tarnished and possibly contradictory to your statement of the facts.
    It isn't just a matter of whether it was a justified shoot. The jury will be asked to determine whether you had other options before the first shot and whether your state of mind and behavior contributed to the escalation. That one drink will weigh heavily in their minds.
    Can you provide examples of this actually occuring?
    In an emergency individuals do not rise to the occasion, they fall to the level of their MASTERED training
    Barrett Tillman

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast