Lethal vs. Less Lethal ammo for self defense - Page 5
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lethal vs. Less Lethal ammo for self defense

1. Sorry to know, choosing a instructor is like hiring a employee. You don't know what your getting. And it's going to cost you like it or not. Maybe the local departments can possibly recommend a knowledgeable, reputable instructor in your area.

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyh302 View Post
    Summary findings

Between 2004 and 2008 --
    About 1 in 3 violent crimes occurred in or near the victimís own home.
    During this time period almost 1 in 5 violent crimes took place in open areas such as yards, playgrounds, fields, on the street or in other similar locations.
    Almost two thirds of all property crimes took place in or near the home of the household members.
    More than 1 in 10 property crimes occurred in parking lots or garages.
    Purse snatchings and pocket pickings typically occur away from home. The most common places of occurrence were in commercial places such as restaurants, bars and other commercial buildings (39.1%) and open areas such as the street or on public transportation (28.2%). About 10% of personal thefts occurred in or near the victimís home or the home of a friend or neighbor.
    Source?

Also, we are talking about self defense with a firearm here and not burglary while nobody is home (which is a significant amount of crime being reported) or purse snatchings and pocket pickings that do not involve the use of lethal force. Try to stay on topic!

4. DOJ

Sorry to know, choosing a instructor is like hiring a employee. You don't know what your getting. And it's going to cost you like it or not. Maybe the local departments can possibly recommend a knowledgeable, reputable instructor in your area.
    May be asking for a reputable firearms training school at a local gun store would be a better idea. People usually don't walk into their local PD or call them up on the non-emergency number and ask for a reputable firearms training school. While a local gun store may want to steer customers to train with their buddy that runs some firearms training, there is also the Internet and reviews. Also, the local gun store relies on repeat customers.

PS: When I say local gun store, I mean local gun store and not chain.

DOJ
    LOL, link please!

7. Wow , local law enforcement in my county very happy to help. First desk you walk to is loaded with gun locks from NRA . Must be a difference in our local law enforcement.

8. https://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=tp&tid=44

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    May be asking for a reputable firearms training school at a local gun store would be a better idea. People usually don't walk into their local PD or call them up on the non-emergency number and ask for a reputable firearms training school. While a local gun store may want to steer customers to train with their buddy that runs some firearms training, there is also the Internet and reviews. Also, the local gun store relies on repeat customers.

PS: When I say local gun store, I mean local gun store and not chain.
    Exactly. Our local, family-owned gun store/range, conducts shooting classes for the general public and for the military and for LEO's (at different times and days).

Wow , local law enforcement in my county very happy to help. First desk you walk to is loaded with gun locks from NRA . Must be a difference in our local law enforcement.
    OK....

11. Just saying my local agency very happy to help with CC permits, training etc. and maybe not all agencies are that way. Closest local gun smith to me is 60 miles away. Nothing said was attended to be against local gun shops.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast