Lethal vs. Less Lethal ammo for self defense - Page 5
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 117

Thread: Lethal vs. Less Lethal ammo for self defense

  1. Sorry to know, choosing a instructor is like hiring a employee. You don't know what your getting. And it's going to cost you like it or not. Maybe the local departments can possibly recommend a knowledgeable, reputable instructor in your area.


    Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

  2.   
  3. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyh302 View Post
    Summary findings

    Between 2004 and 2008 --
    About 1 in 3 violent crimes occurred in or near the victimís own home.
    During this time period almost 1 in 5 violent crimes took place in open areas such as yards, playgrounds, fields, on the street or in other similar locations.
    Almost two thirds of all property crimes took place in or near the home of the household members.
    More than 1 in 10 property crimes occurred in parking lots or garages.
    Purse snatchings and pocket pickings typically occur away from home. The most common places of occurrence were in commercial places such as restaurants, bars and other commercial buildings (39.1%) and open areas such as the street or on public transportation (28.2%). About 10% of personal thefts occurred in or near the victimís home or the home of a friend or neighbor.
    Source?

    Also, we are talking about self defense with a firearm here and not burglary while nobody is home (which is a significant amount of crime being reported) or purse snatchings and pocket pickings that do not involve the use of lethal force. Try to stay on topic!

  4. DOJ


    Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

  5. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyh302 View Post
    Sorry to know, choosing a instructor is like hiring a employee. You don't know what your getting. And it's going to cost you like it or not. Maybe the local departments can possibly recommend a knowledgeable, reputable instructor in your area.
    May be asking for a reputable firearms training school at a local gun store would be a better idea. People usually don't walk into their local PD or call them up on the non-emergency number and ask for a reputable firearms training school. While a local gun store may want to steer customers to train with their buddy that runs some firearms training, there is also the Internet and reviews. Also, the local gun store relies on repeat customers.

    PS: When I say local gun store, I mean local gun store and not chain.

  6. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyh302 View Post
    DOJ
    LOL, link please!

  7. Wow , local law enforcement in my county very happy to help. First desk you walk to is loaded with gun locks from NRA . Must be a difference in our local law enforcement.


    Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

  8. https://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=tp&tid=44


    Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

  9. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    SC Lowcountry
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    May be asking for a reputable firearms training school at a local gun store would be a better idea. People usually don't walk into their local PD or call them up on the non-emergency number and ask for a reputable firearms training school. While a local gun store may want to steer customers to train with their buddy that runs some firearms training, there is also the Internet and reviews. Also, the local gun store relies on repeat customers.

    PS: When I say local gun store, I mean local gun store and not chain.
    Exactly. Our local, family-owned gun store/range, conducts shooting classes for the general public and for the military and for LEO's (at different times and days).

  10. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    SC Lowcountry
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyh302 View Post
    Wow , local law enforcement in my county very happy to help. First desk you walk to is loaded with gun locks from NRA . Must be a difference in our local law enforcement.
    OK....

  11. Just saying my local agency very happy to help with CC permits, training etc. and maybe not all agencies are that way. Closest local gun smith to me is 60 miles away. Nothing said was attended to be against local gun shops.


    Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast