Lethal vs. Less Lethal ammo for self defense - Page 9
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Lethal vs. Less Lethal ammo for self defense

Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    I would think that Marines would prefer to confront their adversaries. Maybe that's a Hollywood stereotype.
    Thank you Reba.

It is not a Hollywood stereotype.

We serve the Nation and the Navy.

If the Navy absolutely needs something or someone killed and destroyed immediately, and their SEALs cannot do it themselves because the job is too big, then they send in us.

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    Yeah, just keep personifying the reason why a lot of people here just flat out don't like you (BOTF).
    Exactly.

I generally put people on the ignore list who violate the rules of logical debate and who utilize the many fallacies of sophistry to be deceitful and to lie through their teeth:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    Thank you Reba.

It is not a Hollywood stereotype.

We serve the Nation and the Navy.
    My post was a reply to another's post about why you, as a Marine, would put people on a ignore list. I guess since you couldn't see the other post you wouldn't know the context of my reply.

If the Navy absolutely needs something or someone killed and destroyed immediately, and their SEALs cannot do it themselves because the job is too big, then they send in us.
    Not exactly. SEALs are given very specific assignments that require their special skills, and Marines are assigned missions that their various components are designed for.

On the US military timeline, the USMC organization was established before the SEAL teams were. The SEALs evolved from their UDT/Frogmen predecessors to fit a need that wasn't being fulfilled by the other services, including the USMC.

Exactly.

I generally put people on the ignore list who violate the rules of logical debate and who utilize the many fallacies of sophistry to be deceitful and to lie through their teeth:

You can't just skip over posts that you don't want to answer?

Exactly.

That would require you to put yourself on the ignore list.

It is interesting that every time you get called out on your BS, you link that Wikipedia article as a last resort defense.

You can't just skip over posts that you don't want to answer?
    Anytime I isolate a total fokking azzhole I put them on the ignore list.

Cleans up the bandwidth much better.

My post was a reply to another's post about why you, as a Marine, would put people on a ignore list. I guess since you couldn't see the other post you wouldn't know the context of my reply.

Not exactly. SEALs are given very specific assignments that require their special skills, and Marines are assigned missions that their various components are designed for.

On the US military timeline, the USMC organization was established before the SEAL teams were. The SEALs evolved from their UDT/Frogmen predecessors to fit a need that wasn't being fulfilled by the other services, including the USMC.
    I took military and naval history in NROTC, yes.

First detailed known infantry and chariot battle in history -- Egyptians and Hittites at Megido in 1457 BCE. (When it is a Jewish date you add the "E".)

First detailed known naval battle in history -- Greeks and Persians at Salamis in 480 BC. (When it is a Christian date you do not add the "E".)

Birth of the Continental Army -- June 14, 1775 at Tun Tavern Philadelphia.

Birth of the Continental Navy -- Oct 13, 1775 at Tun Tavern Philadelphia.

Birth of the USMC -- Nov 11, 1775 at Tun Tavern Philadelphia.

Birth of the USN UDT's -- Aug 1942 at Little Creek VA.

Birth of the USN SEAL's -- Jan 1962 at Coronado Calif.

Now tell me something that I DON'T know.

I took military and naval history in NROTC, yes.

First detailed known infantry and chariot battle in history -- Egyptians and Hittites at Megido in 1457 BCE. (When it is a Jewish date you add the "E".)

First detailed known naval battle in history -- Greeks and Persians at Salamis in 480 BC. (When it is a Christian date you do not add the "E".)

Birth of the Continental Army -- June 14, 1775 at Tun Tavern Philadelphia.

Birth of the Continental Navy -- Oct 13, 1775 at Tun Tavern Philadelphia.

Birth of the USMC -- Nov 11, 1775 at Tun Tavern Philadelphia.

Birth of the USN UDT's -- Aug 1942 at Little Creek VA.

Birth of the USN SEAL's -- Jan 1962 at Coronado Calif.

Now tell me something that I DON'T know.
    I don't have to.

I would think that Marines would prefer to confront their adversaries. Maybe that's a Hollywood stereotype.

Perhaps he streams lots of war movies on Netflix, or has an extensive DVD collection.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Exactly.

You mean by not listening to the views of others in your "logical" debate. What a flipping snowflake, creating your own "safe space"...

Lethal vs. Less Lethal ammo for self defense-3f5e49589f507e85985eab5114f523cda0ecb98197c5700784fb9b83762a97d5.jpg
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast