Glock 19 vs Springfield XDM 3.8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Glock 19 vs Springfield XDM 3.8

  1. Glock 19 vs Springfield XDM 3.8

    What's the better CCW?


    Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

  2.   
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Glock 19! Get some training!

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Gondor
    Posts
    1,897
    I went to a range with a couple of new shooters who both owned XDs. I personally observed the female fail to get a proper grip on the gun and be unable to fire it as a result.

    I decided then and there never to purchase a Springfield XD of any model
    In an emergency individuals do not rise to the occasion, they fall to the level of their MASTERED training
    Barrett Tillman

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
    I went to a range with a couple of new shooters who both owned XDs. I personally observed the female fail to get a proper grip on the gun and be unable to fire it as a result.

    I decided then and there never to purchase a Springfield XD of any model
    That's the one thing that I am hesitant about. That hand grip safety.


    Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Gondor
    Posts
    1,897
    The Glock 19 is one of the most popular handguns on the planet. Parts and accessories are ubiquitous you can find them everywhere. You can pick up magazines for them at a gun show all day long. They will also function with a Glock 17 magazine. The 19 is big enough to fight with but small enough to easily conceal.

    The XDM really doesn't bring any of that to the table
    In an emergency individuals do not rise to the occasion, they fall to the level of their MASTERED training
    Barrett Tillman

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
    The Glock 19 is one of the most popular handguns on the planet. Parts and accessories are ubiquitous you can find them everywhere. You can pick up magazines for them at a gun show all day long. They will also function with a Glock 17 magazine. The 19 is big enough to fight with but small enough to easily conceal.

    The XDM really doesn't bring any of that to the table
    Thank you for your input!


    Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Gondor
    Posts
    1,897
    In an emergency individuals do not rise to the occasion, they fall to the level of their MASTERED training
    Barrett Tillman

  9. I own and XDM 3.8C in .45 and have shot many Glock 19's.
    both great guns, the G19 is a bit thinner and lighter(but mine is a .45)
    IMO the Glock grip angle is a make/break type of thing.
    You either love em or you don't. I love my XDM, I would need to train with a Glock, that grip angle throws me off.
    Eidolon...... really ? a woman can't get a good grip on a firearm and you dismiss the entire line because of that?

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Gondor
    Posts
    1,897
    Quote Originally Posted by kmanick View Post
    Eidolon...... really ? a woman can't get a good grip on a firearm and you dismiss the entire line because of that?
    Grip safeties are mechanical, mechanical things fail. I watched the grip safety fail and decided I'd never carry a gun with one on it. Don't like manua safeties either.

    A self defense hand gun shouldn't have any controls other than a trigger, a slide LOCK and a magazine release
    In an emergency individuals do not rise to the occasion, they fall to the level of their MASTERED training
    Barrett Tillman

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    A grip safety is close to useless and can only get in your way. The handgun will not operate if you can't get a full grip on it. This isn't obvious to people that shoot at 180-degree squared ranges. Any more involved shooting positions or malfunction drills or any injuries to the shooting hand and the handgun becomes a brick. In addition to not being able to shoot, you are also not able to rack the slide. That's why experienced operators pin down the grip safety or just don't use handguns with a grip safety.

    As for Glocks, realize that all Glock OEM parts are easily available for purchase to you. This enables the customer to do the needed preventative maintenance or fix a broken gun without the need to send it back to the manufacturer.

    Also, the 17-round Glock 17 and the 33-round Glock 18 magazines work in the Glock 19. Customization of a Glock is simple as well. I always recommend XS Big Dot Sights.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast