Ltc in Massachusetts

Thread: Ltc in Massachusetts

1. Ltc in Massachusetts

I'm told that I have to write a letter to the police chief in order to get my LTC. Any suggestions on how to lay it out?

Sent from my SM-T377V using USA Carry mobile app

Have you checked this site yet?

Getting an LTC in Massachusetts

Reason: "Unrestricted".

The explanation depends on the PD. Some PDs accept the following as explanation: "All lawful purposes."

Some PDs require a more specific explanation. See BATTY V. ALBERTELLI for a PD that requires to list a specific reason. Something had to happen in your life that you fear for your safety: "I request a license with no restrictions for personal protection of myself and my family both within and outside the home." ... follow up with specifics ....

5. I'm in mass and I had to do no such thing . what town are you applying in?
    you should check out this sight, lots of good "local" info and advice.
    here's a town by town break down on which chiefs are "green" and which are "red".
    I'm in Dedham..."All Lawful Purposes" was all I or my wife needed to state on the application.

https://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...achusetts-town

6. I am sure glad I don't live there.

You got to have a permit to even carry pepper spray!

7. Quote Originally Posted by seagullplayer View Post
    I am sure glad I don't live there.

You got to have a permit to even carry pepper spray!
    I lived in Randolph and Medford before I was old enough to own a pistol. .......back to good old ohio

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

8. The pepper spray restriction was removed, you can just go buy it without a permit. They changed it a couple of years ago.
    I have a Mass license and it will expire and I won't renew it again, I don't live there anymore.
    I applied and had to write a letter to the chief why I wanted to carry. I was assaulted, stabbed and robbed on a job site, so I had pretty good reason to carry. It varies from town to town. Good luck.