Holster problems? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holster problems?

I am currently using a JM4 holster, i have crossbreeds and alien gear and rawdog tactical. I do not use a gun belt altho i do wear a wide belt. Just cannot get myself to spend the high price for a "gun belt" when i see no difference? I think its just i got too much belly and not enough ass...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by consai2 View Post
    I am currently using a JM4 holster, i have crossbreeds and alien gear and rawdog tactical. I do not use a gun belt altho i do wear a wide belt. Just cannot get myself to spend the high price for a "gun belt" when i see no difference? I think its just i got too much belly and not enough ass...lol.
    Have you ever tried a gun belt?

No i have not sorry, guess have to see what difference is between them and my regular belt i wear. Did not think there was thanks i will look at one

Yea, a gun belt "looks" like any other quality belt, but it's not about "looks" but what it does, and it does make a big difference. As for the cost, it will last you for a long time, or until you 'out grow' it.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

No i have not sorry, guess have to see what difference is between them and my regular belt i wear. Did not think there was thanks i will look at one
    The concept that gun belts use is not new and not unique to guns. The idea is to design the belt such that it has torsional stiffness, meaning it doesn't easily flip over or bend if you hang something heavy on it. This allows the belt to distribute the weight over a wider area. Think about it like having a stiff ring around your waist that doesn't stretch or twist. Some gun belts look like regular leather belts and have a steel or kydex core. Other gun belts have double-layered nylon webbing.

Galco gun belts
    Comp-Tac gun belts
    Bigfoot gun belts
    SOE gun belts

8. A gun belt is built to take the weight and not roll over, droop or flex.

Most 'normal' belts are designed to look pretty first and hold up your pants, a little, second. They are not intended to carry anything heavier than a ring of keys or a cellphone.

Hang the weight of a gun and reload on one with regularity for any extended period of time and it will start failing to keep the gear hanging on it where you put it. First, you notice a decided droop in the belt right where the gun rides when the belt is laid out flat. That pulls on your pants ride so they ride lower in that spot. Lower the gun rides, the harder it is to hide. Then, it will start rolling away from the body at the top. Also bad because the further the gun butt wanders from the body, the more pronounced the bulge will be.

Been there, did that for years before I found a source for a belt designed to take the weight. Where the 'normal' belt comes from really doesn't matter much. Cheapo belts from Wally World or K Mart failed just like the more expensive ones from Macy's or Kohl's or the nice looking 'outdoorsy' ones from the sporting goods and outdoors places. The difference was just a matter of weeks.

When I finally got a 'real' gun belt, the difference was like day and night. Things stayed where I put them. I suddenly didn't have to pull up my pants- not even just one side- all the time any more. That little shimmy and shift that you have to do when you get out of the car was suddenly just habit instead of necessity.

9. 325#. 6'4". Should be 230#. 48"waste. $30 GUN BELT. Glock 30S EDC OWB. Totally invisible under untuck T shirt!

Join the ranks of OWB and stop fighting comfort with Iwb.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

10. Bigfoot is running a sale right now as well.
    I used to use " a better belt" and thought it was great , until i got my bigfoot.
    I can carry my XDM .45 with a full mag and it doesn't budge.
    go get one, they have a return policy,but I'm guessing you will 'see the light" and keep it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12