Holster problems?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holster problems?

Holster problems?

Being a bigger or "husky" guy like myself. My problem is when i am carrying my firearm in my IWB holster my pants sag on that side and i am constantly pulling them up. I know i need to lose weight so not asking for smartass comments. Besides maybe wearing suspenders would i need to go to a wider belt, i have this problem no matter what i decide to carry. I am currently carrying the M&P Shield 9mm and have various brands of holsters. Wondering if others have this same problem when carrying. Thanks for any ideas

Terry

What holster are you using and are you using an actual gun belt?

I'm a little bit heavierset guy who could as well stand to lose a pound or two but, and don't have that problem. I carry a Ruger LC9S in an alien gear holster with their inch and 3/4 gun belt.

4. My belly is bigger than my hips and about five years ago I started wearing the Dickies suspenders that attach to my belt. I carry IWB and just didn't like to cinch my belt so tight it hurt by the end of the day. I wear a tucked in wife-beater undershirt, suspenders over that, then a t shirt or button up shirt, untucked.

I think it's better on the back and kidneys, too.
    Using Tapatalk

I wear BELT AND SUSPENDERS.

Works like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    What holster are you using and are you using an actual gun belt?

I'm a little bit heavierset guy who could as well stand to lose a pound or two but, and don't have that problem. I carry a Ruger LC9S in an alien gear holster with their inch and 3/4 gun belt.
    That's the first thing I though. Are you using an actual gun belt?

I've got a few extra pounds that I'm working on getting rid of as well. The only problems I've had with the added weight were having to add a hole to my gun belt and get bigger pants to accommodate my belly and my gun.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    That's the first thing I though. Are you using an actual gun belt?

I've got a few extra pounds that I'm working on getting rid of as well. The only problems I've had with the added weight were having to add a hole to my gun belt and get bigger pants to accommodate my belly and my gun.
    I have a Bigfoot gun belt and I don't have to cinch it down to be comfortable, I just can't get my Phone holster/case loops to accommodate the belt

Quote Originally Posted by Pandaz3 View Post
    I have a Bigfoot gun belt and I don't have to cinch it down to be comfortable, I just can't get my Phone holster/case loops to accommodate the belt
    What case are you using? May have to just consider a different case or just clip it to the outer opening of your front pocket like I do most times.

I use an Otterbox defender with my phone and it's belt clip is big enough to go over my alien gear belt that's probly little over 1/4 inch thickness.

I had a kidney transplant so too tight a belt (and IWB) was no longer an option. If I wear my Bigfoot belt I'm able to carry OWB on the strong side at 4. If I wear any other belt (including my Better Belt which I love and wore regularly for years) I add suspenders to my belt or pants.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head!

10. For full disclosure, I am far from six pack abs, but my biggest issue is lack of an ass.

So its not just the "full figured" guys that have belt problems.

Quote Originally Posted by seagullplayer View Post
    For full disclosure, I am far from six pack abs, but my biggest issue is lack of an ass.

So its not just the "full figured" guys that have belt problems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast