So How Long Did It Take For Your Permit to Arrive? - Page 13
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: So How Long Did It Take For Your Permit to Arrive?

My FLA non-resident was mailed end of Sept. Had to send then my DD214 in OCT as proof of Safety Class or equivalent. Rec'd my permit Feb 5, 135 Days. SC was a little faster being that is my resident State, 105 Days. Between budget cuts, lack of staffing and amount on Permit App's I believe they're just overwhelmed. Go figure, our government is overwhelmed!

From the time I went to the sheriffs office to the time the permit arrived was a little less than one month (around 28 or 29 days) here in North Carolina.
    Jeff
    NRA GOLDEN EAGLES / LIFE MEMBER
    "They can have my guns, one round at a time . . ."

got my sc permit in 83days

5. In South Carolina the process is slow. After you take the course and pay the fees SCLED does its check which doesn't usually take all that long. The your application goes to your county sheriff for approval. This may be the holdup. We were told the whole process could take up to 6 weeks......

For me GA took 7 days, did paperwork and finger prints on friday got liscense in mail on thursday (me and wife) total cost $80 for both

TN on the other hand took class on the 19th of Dec. Went to DMV and did finger prints on Dec 23 recieved permit around 28 Jan. Just me on this one and total cost $215 (class and license)
    "The purpose of war is not to die for your country. The purpose of war is to ensure that the other guy dies for his country." - General Patton

7. Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    michigan law says up to 45 days.. mine took I think 52.. going on 6 years ago my utah permit took about a month.
    Yeah MI law is that they are supposed to give you written notification by 45-days. When I dropped it off a the County Clerk 3 days ago March 1st they said 3-4 months. When I got fingerprinted about 1/2 hour later se said 2-3 months. I guess it shows up when it shows up.
    Jason
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadAllis View Post
    Yeah MI law is that they are supposed to give you written notification by 45-days. When I dropped it off a the County Clerk 3 days ago March 1st they said 3-4 months. When I got fingerprinted about 1/2 hour later se said 2-3 months. I guess it shows up when it shows up.
    I don't know guys, Name that tune in 30 days... Darn, I got to start thinking about renewal...
    Semper Fi

Here in Montana

If I remember correctly, I had my permit within 30 days from the time of application. Not sure if all counties are as efficient. I was pleased.
    Don't take freedom for granted...you could lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by RaraAvis View Post
    In South Carolina the process is slow. After you take the course and pay the fees SCLED does its check which doesn't usually take all that long. The your application goes to your county sheriff for approval. This may be the holdup. We were told the whole process could take up to 6 weeks......
    State law says 90 days. Mine took about 76 days, and other SC residents posting here were similar. The form goes to Columbia for processing, not the sheriff.

11. OH state law says within 45 days. I got mine in exactly one week.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast