So How Long Did It Take For Your Permit to Arrive? - Page 5
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: So How Long Did It Take For Your Permit to Arrive?

1. lived in ky 1997 to 2001, went to sherriffs office to get application and he kind of laughed, said if you weren't doing something stupid he didn't care if you carried a concealed weapon. took class and got my permit the same day. this was in lewis county ky

3. I,m in Ga, and the county I live In uses inkless finger printing. It took 15 min. to do paperwork and finger prints on tues. and I had mine in my mailbox on thurs. the same week. very pleased! and all that for 40 bucks

I'm in Madison County in Alabama and I dropped off my application the Monday before Christmas (Dec. 22nd) and got mine yesterday. They told me to expect 4 weeks, so considering in the holidays, that was about right.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzthepug View Post
    I'm in Madison County in Alabama and I dropped off my application the Monday before Christmas (Dec. 22nd) and got mine yesterday. They told me to expect 4 weeks, so considering in the holidays, that was about right.
    It is weird how Alabama works. I live in an incorporated area of Madison, but my property is actually in Limestone County. I go to Athens to renew mine and it's just like I described before. My previous address was in Cullman County and it too was very easy and immediate, with the exception of the first one. It was also only $10 bucks in Cullman.

I guess I'm OK with the process being left up to the Sheriff in each county because it's been real easy in the two counties I've lived in. I would probably be calling for statewide standardization if I lived in Madison County or Jackson or Montgomery though.

Still, this is the best out of 5 different states I've ever lived in and a big part of that is the general acceptance and support for 2nd A. issues here.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

VA res. FL non res

My va permit ws in my mailbox 3 weeks to the day i submitted it. My wife's was about the same.
    fl permit took 89 days(they have 90 to get it to you). My wife's fl permit took less than 60 days.

Took 5 weeks for my Virginia Non-Res, 60 days and counting for my Florida Non-Res. Anyone know if you need a certified Texas instructor to obtain a Texas Non-Res Permit or will a DD214 work?

"Common Sense" gun laws. Common sense tells me that the gun didn't carry itself to the crime scene and pull it's own trigger. Punish the criminals, not the guns!

Got mine today. 90 Days on the nose.

I just got my SC CWP in the mail today and it was 90 days on the nose. I took the class on 11/1, they received my application and stuff on 11/7/2008.

Enjoy yours when it comes.

Dennis

In Washington State,
    I payed the $60 cash,then two weeks later, my lic. to carry a concealed pistol arrived. No problem.
    By law in Wa.,they must issue a permit within 30 days,if you have a clean record.

I JUST checked on mine after waiting 5 weeks. they said they're waiting on the fingerprint results.in ohio they're required by law to give you the permit within 45 days or send you a rejection letter. I'm waitin for that "dear john" letter and a box of candy for my trouble any day now.
    when true patriots become labeled as enemies you can bury my corpse right beside lady libertys

11. in monroe county michigan took abt 30 days to get my permit

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast