So How Long Did It Take For Your Permit to Arrive? - Page 6
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: So How Long Did It Take For Your Permit to Arrive?

1. Took about 7 weeks in Davidson County, TN.

Colorado it took 79 days. I was told they were processing more than ever and were trying to stay within the 90 day allowance.

Mine FINALLY came in on Saturday, exactly 50 days after they received my application. Just in time for this crap:

Arkansas Blog: Annals of gun nuttery

Arkansas Handgun Permit Search

Pisses me off.
    The mighty oak was once a little nut who held it's ground.

5. around 6 weeks in PA

I applied Feb. 9th in Norfolk, VA... They told me it was taking about 2 weeks on average. So far, no word from the court on picking it up yet. I'm REALLY hoping it'll come in this week. I decided to begin my carry with my S&W Model 19-4 K frame when it does arrive. I have a nice Bianchi OWB holster that hides nicely under a t-shirt at 2:30 on my frame. Eventually for summer I'll find a thin 9mm or .45

I was in my local blockbuster the other night... some guy ran out the door with an armload of games and movies. I was in process of checking out. I told the clerks they should just thank their lucky stars he didn't just come up to stick a weapon in all our faces. I expect to see more and more of this in Norfolk... it's not the first time. With this deepening economic turmoil, I expect desperation to force more and more people to turn to crime.

I sent my application off one month ago today, and got it in the mail this afternoon.

Preble Co. Ohio is taking 3 to 5 days to process the paperwork and call you. Butler Co. is taking 7 to 10 business days to call you to pick them up.

Oregon has a 45 day maximum...but some people are being told to wait 10 weeks due to high demand. Mine <30 days.

10. Ms says 120 days, I'm starting to believe them as I'm on about 54 days now. Hopefully it will come in some time this week. But that is just my wishful thinking.

I turned my paperwork into the Sheriff's Dept. on Jan. 6 and I got written approval from the AG's office in the mail yesterday (Feb.28). I'll have to go to the local DVM this Wednesday to actually pick up my CCHL. Sixteen more bucks and I'm done for at least four years. Kansas has 90 days to approve or disapprove so I can't complain.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast