So How Long Did It Take For Your Permit to Arrive?
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: So How Long Did It Take For Your Permit to Arrive?

1. So How Long Did It Take For Your Permit to Arrive?

I'm in SC and was told to allow for 3 months. Just figured that was "protocol" but given the leadership changing for the worse, I guess it may have everything backed up. It's going on 2 months now...

New Mexico-20 days

Check cashed on December 10 and had CHL in my wallet on Dec 30. Was expecting 60 days. Sometimes the surprise is good!

NMGunIt

CCW Permit Turn-around time

In Arizona, AZ DPS by law has 75 days to process CCW Permit applications, but in actuality they move much faster than that.

Most students get their permit/CCW card within 2 weeks, provided there are no hang ups with fingerprint cards or backgrounds.
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

Arkansas Law gives the State Police 120 days to respond with the license, or a letter explaining why you didn't get it. I'm starting on week 5 of waiting and it's driving me mad.
    The mighty oak was once a little nut who held it's ground.

90 days in SC is about right. It could go over the 90 day mark depending on how many have submitted their applications in the last few months. You could be pleasantly surprised and get it a little early also.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Arkansas Law gives the State Police 120 days to respond with the license, or a letter explaining why you didn't get it. I'm starting on week 5 of waiting and it's driving me mad.
    Im in that same boat. From what the instuctor said, the hold up is at the FBI waiting on fingerprints..

8. Smile

Completed the class on a Saturday, mailed paperwork and money order on Monday, received license the following Saturday.

Butch
    Yuma AZ

Ya gotta love Arizona! (Go Cards!)
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

Quote Originally Posted by cmclairday2 View Post
    Im in that same boat. From what the instuctor said, the hold up is at the FBI waiting on fingerprints..
    Sucks, don't it?

If the holdup is at the FBI,

Quote Originally Posted by wcnthree View Post
    Completed the class on a Saturday, mailed paperwork and money order on Monday, received license the following Saturday.

Butch
    Yuma AZ
    then why this? Why is our permit so expensive, and the process so convoluted?
    The mighty oak was once a little nut who held it's ground.

I had mine exactly one week to the day. In Minnesota, they are allowed up to 30 days. I was surprised at the quick turnaround.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast