Need Some Help!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Some Help!

Question Need Some Help!

I am looking for a concealed carry hand gun and I am looking at one of three hand guns.
    They are the

• Sig Pro 2022 Nitron 9mm,
    • CZ 75D Compact 9mm
    • Beretta 92 Compact 9mm.

Need some input. Which would you buy and why?

3. Check out the Sig 239 SAS Gen2.

Quote Originally Posted by macneilj View Post
    I am looking for a concealed carry hand gun and I am looking at one of three hand guns.
    They are the

• Sig Pro 2022 Nitron 9mm,
    • CZ 75D Compact 9mm
    • Beretta 92 Compact 9mm.

Need some input. Which would you buy and why?
    None of these. Get the Sig P320 Compact 9mm or the Glock 19. They are reliable, easy to operate, have no extra safeties that get in your way, and are maintainable by the owner. The Sig P320 is a truly modular handgun, meaning you can easily change the size and caliber. The Glock 19 is pure simplicity, meaning the gun has only 36 parts, including the magazine parts, that are all maintainable. The Glock has a lower bore axis than the Sig, meaning recoil is easier to manage.

All of the firearms you selected are outdated designs, some of them are quite outdated. The Beretta 92 has a slide-mounted safety/decocker, which creates some issues. When racking the slide, you can accidentally decock the Beretta and make it unusable. This is particularly problematic during a gunfight when clearing a malfunction.

In any case, go to a range that rents handguns and try them out. Get some training so you actually know what you are doing and what information your decision should be based on.

Don't be this guy:

Need Some Help!-screen-shot-2017-03-08-1.25.09-pm.png

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    This is particularly problematic during a gunfight when clearing a malfunction
    Voice of experience ?
    In an emergency individuals do not rise to the occasion, they fall to the level of their MASTERED training
    Barrett Tillman

You are welcome to shoot my Sig 2022

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
    Voice of experience ?
    Not mine, but those that I trained with and had the "pleasure" to carry the Beretta.

Also, from BERETTA 92FS: THE FORGOTTEN SERVICE PISTOL:

Aside from the grip size, in my estimation, the single biggest flaw in the design is the slide mounted safety. The location of the safety doesn’t lend to easy operation with the strong hand thumb, yet it is unacceptably easy to inadvertently flip the lever to safe during slide manipulations with the support hand. I wish I could wave a magic wand and instantly turn all 92’s into “G” models, which would change the safety lever to a simple decocker. Far too many times I have seen officers accidentally place their pistol on safe while racking the slide during a reload or malfunction clearance drill. The result is very confused officer wondering why their gun isn’t firing, and sometimes it takes a couple Tap-Rack-Assess cycles for the officer to realize the pistol is on safe.
    Also, from My four beefs with the Beretta M9:

Additionally, having a safety on top of the slide means that when performing malfunction drills, or when manipulating the slide during a reload, shooters might accidentally put the weapon in “safe” mode. That’d be bad in the middle of a gunfight. To avoid that, shooters should use the sling shot method, but that’s old school and doesn’t account for gross motor skill usage. The sling shot method is not the best practice when fighting under major stress.

So, first I have to agree that none of those guns would be on my list for carry. That said if I had to pick one of the it would be the CZ. My reasoning would be that's the one I have experience with.

When it comes to self defense I want the simplest handgun I can carry. I don't like two different trigger pulls (I actually stopped cold in training once because the trigger pull on a 5906 felt so different between the first and second shot I thought is was broken. I don't like manual safeties because I've seen too many people forget to take them off plinking at the range (zero stress) to trust it in a fight.

I would really take a look at a Glock19 before you make your final choice
    In an emergency individuals do not rise to the occasion, they fall to the level of their MASTERED training
    Barrett Tillman

Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post

...I don't like manual safeties because I've seen too many people forget to take them off plinking at the range (zero stress) to trust it in a fight...
    I think a lot of that is a training issue and a lack of learned muscle memory from lack of practice.

As I've said before, if muscle memory and discipline can be achieved with a trigger-safety pistol, the same goes for a gun with a safety, especially from someone like myself who only has experience with guns that has a safety that has to be turned off before you can shoot it.

10. None of those. Love my M&Pc or glock19

Sent from my SM-G930P using USA Carry mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Daddy View Post
    None of those. Love my M&Pc or glock19

Sent from my SM-G930P using USA Carry mobile app
    I believe the OP is looking for opinions of the choices outlined in his opening post and unfortunately those two are not on the list...Need Some Help!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast