South Carolina permits - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: South Carolina permits

Quote Originally Posted by nybuckboy View Post
    Good point... not really criticizing the state of SC, just looking at options for when I travel... and NY has no reciprocity with no one and you do know that I have no control over the laws of my state... right!
    NYS also has a permitting system for the mere possession of a handgun and ignores FOPA. Learn how to get involved with your state's legislature. You do have control over the laws of your state, if you chose to assert it.

Quote Originally Posted by nybuckboy View Post
    Good point... not really criticizing the state of SC, just looking at options for when I travel... and NY has no reciprocity with no one and you do know that I have no control over the laws of my state... right!
    You vote? You contact your elected leaders to express your opinion? Right?
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

4. Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    You vote? You contact your elected leaders to express your opinion? Right?
    I think South Carolina recognizes about 33 states now. They were in the process of increasing the recognition but I don't know if it is signed into law now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. XD40scinNC is correct according to the SLED website. I was adding in carry states that don't require a permit in the first place which are:

The following states have permitless carry which allows anyone that can legally possess a firearm carry concealed: Alaska, Arizona, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Vermont, West Virginia. Some restrictions may apply. Check each state for its own restrictions.

The above comes from USA Carry.

My number of 33 is wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rivoak View Post
    XD40scinNC is correct according to the SLED website. I was adding in carry states that don't require a permit in the first place which are:

The following states have permitless carry which allows anyone that can legally possess a firearm carry concealed: Alaska, Arizona, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Vermont, West Virginia. Some restrictions may apply. Check each state for its own restrictions.

The above comes from USA Carry.

My number of 33 is wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Then it would be up to residents of these states to obtain a permit from a state that offers non-resident permits, plus most of those states are continuing the permit process for residents that want to carry in states the honor their permit.

Look at the map for NC, the only state not honored it VT. Why? no one has a VT permit, they don't exist.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12