South Carolina permits
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: South Carolina permits

1. South Carolina permits

So only residents of SC can have a CCP and the only others are people with second residents. There is no other way as I don't see reciprocity with a FL, UT or any other state. Am I correct on this?

3. South Carolina permits

SC has reciprocity with FL out of state permits. Where are you looking?

Download the USCCA app and you can see all the states.

4. Go to the horse's mouth.

South Carolina Law Enforcement Division

SC honors resident only permits from the following states; Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia, Wyoming.

They do NOT honor any non-resident permits.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

SC honors 24 other states permits.
    Attached Images Attached Images South Carolina permits-img_0410.jpg 
    "Lets Be Careful Out There!"

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Waffles View Post
    Yep. That's what I do.

SC Reciprocity

8. So being from NY State I can not legally CC in SC. I can have the gun in my car in the glove box or in luggage but can not conceal carry the gun around. It could be in my luggage and carried into a hotel but not on my person.

9. Quote Originally Posted by nybuckboy View Post
    So being from NY State I can not legally CC in SC. I can have the gun in my car in the glove box or in luggage but can not conceal carry the gun around. It could be in my luggage and carried into a hotel but not on my person.
    That's about it. We could go into a lengthy discourse about where an unlicensed person can carry, but I doubt you will be in any of the situations for it to matter, so..........Leave it locked up except if you go to a range. Now if you carry under HR218, your good to go,
    Proud Member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiricy

Quote Originally Posted by nybuckboy View Post
    So being from NY State I can not legally CC in SC. I can have the gun in my car in the glove box or in luggage but can not conceal carry the gun around. It could be in my luggage and carried into a hotel but not on my person.
    But keep in mind that no one from any of the 49 other states with a permit can carry a gun in your state, and may be able to transport it through your state, if they don't get stopped for anything else. Fix your state before your criticize other states.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

11. Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    But keep in mind that no one from any of the 49 other states with a permit can carry a gun in your state, and may be able to transport it through your state, if they don't get stopped for anything else. Fix your state before your criticize other states.
    Good point... not really criticizing the state of SC, just looking at options for when I travel... and NY has no reciprocity with no one and you do know that I have no control over the laws of my state... right!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast