Concealing a larger frame gun - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Concealing a larger frame gun

I also carry a PT 92 and have tried many different types of holsters. I am also a bit larger than some, I have had the best results using a simple IWB holster and wear my shirt over it. I hope this helps.

3. My 92 does not have the rail.

Quote Originally Posted by JBinMontana View Post
    This is what I wear when I go out Holsters UnderCoverComfort Performance Apparels I have concealed a Glock 22 with no problems, and plan on using it when I get my Glock 20.

I just don't have to worry about IWB or OWB thing any longer.

POST EDIT:

Now if I decide to get amn IWB holster for my full size Taurus 24/7 OSS DS .45 ACP I will be ordering from our sponsor CrossBreed Holsters linked above.
    I carry a 4" 1911 in a Crossbreed IWB holster everyday, although I am thinking about trying one of those Undercovercomforts soon in preparation for the summer time. With the IWB holster I wear shirts that look good untucked and have done so for a year now without anyone being the wiser.
    The Avatar is my Great-Great Grandaddy, CPL Samuel Francis Bondurant, Co. D, 4th Alabama, Law's Brigade, Benning's Division, 1st Corp, Army of Northern Virginia, shot through right thigh 2 JUL 1863.

I carry a full sized Glock 21 and use a Galco Summer Comfort IWB most of the time. i cover it with a loose fitting button down shirt or fleece vest in the cooler weather. Keep looking. There is always something out there that will work for oyu.
    Be safe, shoot straight and have fun!!

Scott
    Northeast PA (Luzerne County)
    Glock 21 45ACP
    Mossberg 835 12GA Magnum
    Ruger 10/22

NRA Life Member
    IDPA Member - SSP & CDP Marksman

Just an observation. IF you're carrying concealed, Fobus works fine. But I do not recommend it for open carry. It is not secure enough, in my opinion, at least, not the basic model. I believe Fobus makes some more secure retention type holsters that would be better for OC.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

Some people have reservations about having their fobus showing in public.

A suit jacket conceals a Glock 22 in a Galco Miami Classic shoulder holser for me just fine.

8. Large gun concealment

I carry a Sig 226 .40 cal. I wear 5.11 covert shirts with a side holster and it works excellent. Hope this helps.

This posting was over a year old untill today.
    What is going on here?

I wear an iwb holster when i carry my taurus 809.... the holster is made for 1911's and fits with a little wiggle room thats not extreme i can run and jump and the holster and weapon are secured by my belt pretty well.... I also placed my friends 92 in my holster and it fit just fine....the only thing i would say is that summer is coming up and i sweat alot.... after a few hours the holster feels alot more heavy than when i put it on at the beginning of the day.... i couldnt stand the way this felt so i purchased a smaller weapon and its working out just fine even when i sweat i barely notice its there....

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Some people have reservations about having their fobus showing in public.
    I have no idea why. I've used Fobus holsters for several years with no problems at all.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast